The applications for the Online University of Tokyo Research Internship are open!
The research will be conducted remotely and discussions will be held virtually using a web meeting system. Please check the research topics and lab information on the Host Laboratories page. You can also find research descriptions of the respective host labs on the Program Details page.
- Interns will learn to conduct research projects.
- Opportunity to have online meetings with professional researchers of Japan.
- The internship does not require you to leave your country or even city.
- Applicants will receive an internship certificate.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, an integrated Bachelor’s-Master’s degree program, or a Master’s program at a university outside of Japan.
- Also, enrolled in natural science or related field.
- Thinking of pursuing long-term career goals in a scientific area.
- In addition, planning to commit to the entire program period.
- Have a secure internet connection to conduct research remotely and to communicate interactively online.
- Participate in the project for the full program period.
- Also, attend all academic events scheduled over the UTRIP Online program.
- Submit written research reports within the designated submission periods.
- Moreover, give an oral presentation on the scheduled day.
- Personal Statement
- Address the following topics in 700 – 1000 words in total:
- Your reasons for selecting this research project, and what you hope to gain from this experience
- What makes you qualified for the particular research project, briefly highlight your skills and experience when they are specifically required by the faculty member, or when they appear to be helpful to conduct research in the laboratory.
- Whether you are thinking of applying to the Graduate School of Science at the University of Tokyo after you graduate from your current university, citing your reasons
- Resume / CV
- include your photo and in-depth descriptions of any work experience, responsibilities, or projects relevant to the research topic on which you wish to work during the program.
- It should also list recent schools attended and briefly explain courses you have taken or will take as well as prizes and awards relevant to the research topic if you have any.
- official GPA (If your university does not provide an official GPA score, you are required to calculate your own GPA and then describe the calculation in the “Notes” section.)
- English language qualifications (if English is not your official language)
- Scanned copy of the academic transcript
- Recommender information with the recommender’s information
Apply through the link below!
Selected students will receive a notification from the UTRIP office, asking them to confirm their willingness to participate in the UTRIP Online program by a specified date. Make sure that you check your emails regularly, and that emails from the following mentioned mail are not treated as spam by your spam filter.
Please carefully check the application deadline of the host laboratory you are applying to on the Host Laboratories page.