Uber Technologies calls application for the 2020 Engineering Internship in San Francisco, Canada. The intern will help build production systems to enable some of the most important parts of Uber’s business – Fares, Matching, Safety, Pickup Experience, Fraud, Etas, Dispatch, etc. Moreover, the intern will learn how to deal with the challenges of hardware and sensors and at the same time work closely with algorithm engineers.
The candidates undertaking this 2020 Engineering Internship in Uber Technologies will be
- Collecting and Processing sensor data at the trip scale as well as supporting a Tier 0 business-critical service.
- Building distributed streaming systems to process and transform sensor data for use in our ML systems.
- Similarly, building backend systems that interact with other microservices throughout Uber’s systems
- Productionisation Machine Learning models (crash detection, phone handling, harsh braking) that provide insight into Trips and Customer experiences.
- Implement serving and training systems with quality, monitoring, observability at the core.
- Using analytics identify issues, root cause problems and validate solutions that improve our systems.
- Also, building batch data pipelines to do an offline analysis of sensor data and various ML models.
- Furthermore, working closely with customer teams to productionization, integrate and validate systems end to end.
In order to be eligible for this 2020 Engineering Internship in Uber Technologies, candidates must have the following qualifications
- Currently in the process of obtaining a Bachelors’s or Masters’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Must have strong programming skills. Expert and enthusiastic to write code and think deeply about how to develop maintainable systems. Similarly, they should show strong coding skills with one of these languages – Java, Go, and Python.
- Problem Solving. Must show good knowledge and ability to use data structures, standard computer science algorithms. Must express the ability to transform ideas into functional and well-tested code.
- Debugging skills: Should love to root cause problems and solve them. You think about how to improve the code you work on to avoid future bugs and issues.
- Fast learner as for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Also, s/he should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of the massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A team player: Believes that s/he can achieve more on a team that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. S/he must rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Furthermore, knowledge about distributed systems, streaming (flink, spark, etc) and data infrastructure, SQL is preferred.
Uber Technologies, Inc., commonly known as Uber, is an American multinational ride-hailing company offering services that include peer-to-peer ridesharing, ride service hailing, food delivery (Uber Eats), as well as a micro-mobility system with electric bikes and scooters. The company is based in San Francisco and has operations in over 785 metropolitan areas worldwide. Moreover, its platforms can be accessed via their websites and mobile apps.