2023 Information Systems Officer Internship in Austria, United Nations.
Information Systems Officer Internship position is located in the Global Technical Team (GTT) in the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management (DGACM), Vienna, Austria. The incumbent reports to the Senior Computational Linguist.
Within limits of delegated authority, the Information Systems Officer is responsible for the following duties:
- Manages projects involving feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development and implementation of new, moderately complex systems, and/or, participates as a lead of a development team with responsibility for major components of the more complex systems.
- Participate in the management of services required to enable the operation of gProject systems and GTT
- Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for major systems including cost and security analysis.
- Provides specialized advice to users, analyzing users’ requirements and translating these into new applications; determines application systems integration and linkage issues.
- Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
- Develops and maintains computer programs that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements; ensures appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues.
- Organizes and performs unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing.
- Develops training materials, operating and user manuals; trains staff in assigned systems.
- Develops disaster recovery plans and ensures appropriate planning and training of those responsible.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
- Participates in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system requirements, information strategy, etc.
- Performs administrative functions, such as capacity planning, recruitment tasks and budgeting.
- Performs code reviews for accuracy, security, and functionality.
- Is available for assignments on call after hours, depending on the needs of service.
- Supervises, guides, and trains team members, consultants, external experts, etc.
- Facilitates delivery of applications to ensure efficient DGACM business processes.
You might also prefer Senior Operations Officer Internship in Juba,(The World bank)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related areas is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience leading software development teams is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in designing and developing advanced solutions based on the Microsoft technologies (C#, ASP.net, MSSQL, etc.) is required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in managing and utilizing Azure Cloud Services in a multi-layered application environment is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in designing data integration and pipeline architectures, which must include ingesting data through different methods such as message queues, database connections, flat files, REST, or specific API’s, is required.
- Experience in third level production support of multi-layered systems is required.
- A minimum of one year of experience in tools managing CI/CD pipelines such as Azure DevOps pipelines or similar is required.
- Experience managing projects using Kanban methodology using Azure DevOps Services or Team Foundation Services (TFS) or GIT is desirable.
- Experience leading software development teams in multiple regions and time zones is desirable.
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with ARM templates or bicep DSL is desirable.
- Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
For more information visits, UN