2024 Project Assistant (Paid Internship)
The direct supervision of the Head of the UNODC Programme Office in Libya, and with the guidance of the Operations Team in ROMENA, the 2024 Project Assistant will support the implementation of the UNODC portfolio in Libya notably the above-mentioned projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the development of detailed work plans and accompanying budgets and budget revisions for all project activities for the timely and realistic achievement of the project objectives, and monitor expenditures per funding agreement;
- Monitors status of expenditure and allotments, records variations and updates budget tables, in close cooperation and regular communication with the team at nation, regional level and HQ level;
- Support timely project review, revisions, monitoring and completion of related reporting obligations;
- Monitor the implementation of the project budget assigned;
- Monitor the liquidation of project commitments upon completion and the release of committed funds.
- Register vendors and suppliers and the corresponding bank accounts in the financial system.
- Prepare administrative and financial reports required by UNODC Headquarters and the donors;
- Monitor the liquidation of project commitments upon completion and the release of committed funds
- Coordinate the development of annual procurement plans for all project activities across the MENA region;
- Carry out creation of shopping carts and coordinate with ROMENA procurement officer for processes more than USD 10,000
Also Check: Senior Internal Intern Auditor (AfCFTA)
Organize and coordinate the procurement of goods and services pertaining to project activities in MENA and ensure adherence to UN procurement regulations and financial rules in coordination with ROMENA’s main Buyer and UNDP;
- Support the preparation of Terms of Reference for sub-contractors to ensure qualitative procurement of services and support quality assurance of deliverables;
- Prepare and contribute to field missions and capacity-building activities, including the preparation of meetings, training workshops and events in Libya, and carry out logistical and administrative arrangements notably:
- Support the creation of travel requests/ expense reports in Umoja;
- Provide support in obtaining visas, arranging transportation and accommodation, etc. for workshops, meetings, conferences, visits of foreign experts, etc;
- Assist POs in maintaining close contact with national partners, UNDP, program partners and other organizations through direct contact, information gathering, recording incoming and outgoing correspondence, preparing draft letters and organizing of meetings;
- Process Invoices in the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP); and follow up with the Regional Office Finance Unit and UNDP to ensure timely processing of invoices, additionally, reconcile UNDP related transactions in the reconciliation portal.
- Coordinate with the IT officer on non-expendable equipment, maintain control on it, and conduct a verification every 6 months, including a physical verification if possible. Prepare unofficial translations and, as required, act as an interpreter
- Carry out other assignments as required.
Check: 2024 Investment Officer Internship (Sustainable Investing)
Required Skills and Experience of 2024 Project Assistant
- High School Certificate (4 years) or Bachelor’s degree (2 years) in economics, finance, management, business administration or any other relevant fields
- Relevant work experience at the national or international levels is required in the field of administration, project, procurement, finance, and any similar areas.
- Work experience in the United Nations system and/or in a similar international organisation is desirable.
Work experience with web-based financial management and Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) financial management systems is desirable.
Fluency in Arabic and English are require.