Applications are open for the Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) Indigenous Youth Virtual Internship Program 2022. Youth work remotely from Canada in support of an organization in the Global South (Gambia, Cambodia, Kenya or Nepal) and take part in online sessions with other youth to share their experiences and learn about global issues through the lens of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Communications Intern (Rural Institute for Community Development [RICOD], Nepal): The Communications Interns will engage the public through their design, marketing and communication skills. The intern will create social media campaigns that showcase RICOD’s programming related to food security and health.
- Communications and Technology intern (GPI Atlantic/ Cambodia Volunteer Service): The Communications and Technology Interns will virtually support development work in Cambodia related to environmental education and support for an Indigenous community located on an island in the Mekong River.
- Textile Facilitator Intern (GPI Atlantic/ Cambodia Volunteer Service): The Textile Facilitator will work with team members from Canada and Cambodia regarding livelihood development for women and girls, and will conduct research about the textile industry in Cambodia. The research will include liaising with textile grassroots projects and learning about the practices of large-scale garment manufacturers in Cambodia through an environmental and human rights lens.
- Health Promotion and Communications Intern (Run for Life/Rift Valley Resource Centre, Kenya): The Health Promotion and Communications Intern will work with Run for Life and the Rift Valley Resource Centre. The intern will co-develop a social media campaign and marketing strategy to promote the Girls Run, Period marathon in Kenya’s Rift Valley, in support of women’s access to health and education in Kenya.
- Communications and Alumni Engagement Intern (Nova Scotia-Gambia Association, Gambia): The Communications and Alumni Engagement Interns will support the NSGA in developing the organization’s online social media presence by creating a social media outreach strategy and campaign, particularly to engage with the NSGA’s alumni network. Interns will also develop and update an alumni contact database.
- Communications and Videographer Intern (South Rupununi District Council, Guyana): The communications and video editing interns will support the development of communications materials to engage the public about SRDC’s work. The interns will be responsible for editing video footage to create videos promoting SRDC’s conservation and gender equity work.
Benefits from Youth Virtual Internship Program
- Interns will work for 300 hours at $16 per hour.
- Build skills as a youth leader and learn how to put them to use to make change locally, while making connections with global issues.
- Connect with Indigenous youth across Canada and tap into ACIC and NCGC’s network of partners in Canada and around the world.
- Gain experience for your resume. Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program.
Eligibility for Youth Virtual Internship Program
To apply for the program, participants must:
- Firstly, between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Secondly, Be an Indigenous person in Canada (federally recognized as either status or non-status First Nations, Inuit or Metis);
- Thirdly, Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Moreover, Have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent;
- Additionally, Not be a graduate of a degree program from a university (Indigenous youth with a CEGEP or college diploma are eligible);
- Lastly, Be available for full-time virtual participation for 8 weeks in 1 of 2 program cohorts: May-June OR July-August.
Application of Youth Virtual Internship Program
The intern will be active for 8 weeks full-time: Apply for May-June OR July-August cohort. All activities will take place online.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.