Apple invites application for Neuroscience Internship, with the possibility of permanent Job. Apple strives to achieve surprise and delight for every one of our millions of customers around the world. One of the goals of the internship program is to identify candidates for future full-time employment. The Technology Investigation Team is currently looking for a neuroscientist who is passionate about building advanced algorithms for performing inference on complex biological systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
This is a multi-faceted scientific role that will require you to be versatile across a variable set of tasks in a highly collaborative environment. We work closely as a group of scientists and engineers to rapidly carry out studies that help drive research and development. Moreover, the neuroscience intern at Apple will have the following responsibilities:
- To carry out extensive analytics that aims to pull out meaningful and actionable insights from complex multimodal datasets
- Further, harness your insights to design multimodal inference algorithms
- Likewise, understand and help to build a state of the art data acquisition systems
- Moreover, help to architect and port real-time algorithms to a variety of platforms
- Also, build analytical tools that will be used by other members of a cross-functional team
The ideal candidate will have at least some of the following:
- 4 years of graduate-level research carrying out data-driven algorithm design, where you have continually demonstrated that you can translate exploratory data analyses into robust ‘decoding’ models
- Experience in collecting, organizing and analyzing very large scale data sets from animal models, human subjects, or other complex systems
- 5+ years applying statistical and signal processing, time series analysis, linear algebra, and image processing methodologies to investigate multimodal datasets
- Strong theoretical and applied background in some or all of neural networks, unsupervised/supervised learning, neural coding, and bio-inspired computation, graph theory, optimization theory, information theory, and control and dynamical systems
- Fluent in numerical computing, prototyping, and ML tools (e.g., Python, Matlab, ML and deep learning toolboxes including TensorFlow, Caffe, etc.)
- Hardware and software experience with multimodal data acquisition, instrumentation, and human-machine interfaces is a plus
- Knowledge of perceptual/behavioral evaluations and physiological measurement is desired
- Further, Excellent programming, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Also, Prototyping experience a plus
Applicants must be advanced doctoral students in Systems or Computational Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, EE/CS, Applied Mathematics, or related expertise. Further, the applicants who could potentially join the team within one year of the end of the internship are preferred.
How To Apply
Apple accepts the application for Neuroscience internship online. While applying, candidates will require to provide an updated CV as well as a covering letter.