Apply for the Communication Internships with Salzburg Global Seminar. Salzburg Global Seminar seeks a recent journalism school graduate who is passionate about telling stories to capture our programs’ impact and to be part of a small but busy Public Affairs Team.
The Communications Interns’ primary task is to tell compelling stories about the impact of Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs through written and multimedia content for the Salzburg Global Seminar website, print publications, social media platforms, and external media partners. As 2022 will mark Salzburg Global’s 75th Anniversary, much of their communications work will focus on their long history as well as their current programs.
The Communications Team works on every Salzburg Global program, so their interns gain exposure to a wide array of topics and experts, which will help expand their knowledge and networks. As part of a small and busy team, the Communications Intern will also assist in other internal and external communications, giving them experience beyond journalistic writing and across all the communications output typical of a nonprofit.
Responsibilities of Communication Internships
- Writing both short, quick-turn-around program reports and long, in-depth interviews and features for SalzburgGlobal.org
- Researching and writing about the 75-year history of Salzburg Global Seminar, their programs, and their Fellows for featuring in their 75th Anniversary materials, including Clemens magazine, a dedicated website, podcast, and other publications
- Conducting interviews with Fellows and donors for SalzburgGlobal.org
- Producing content for Salzburg Global’s social media and digital platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Drafting press releases and recruitment mailings
- Maintaining the digital assets and publications libraries and assisting with worldwide mailing distribution
- Assisting with alumni engagement and administration
- Providing general administrative assistance to the Public Affairs team
Benefits from Communication Internships
- The internship is full-time for three months. The position is unpaid, but the successful candidate will be provided with free on-site accommodation at Schloss Leopoldskron, all meals, and a return ticket to their country of residence, as well as excellent networking opportunities with the international participants of Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs.
Eligibility Required for Communication Internships
- Applicants should be EU citizens or other residents eligible to work in Austria;
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Salzburg Global Seminar;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or significant journalistic work experience outside of their degree studies, e.g. with a college newspaper;
- Experience of working in the media, particularly in online and/or features writing;
- Native or equivalent proficiency in written and spoken English; excellent written communication skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrable knowledge of international affairs and/or other topics covered by Salzburg Global Seminar’s programs during the internship;
- Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills are required; experience with Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop), and web CMS, and multimedia editing is also highly desirable;
- A can-do attitude, ability to multi-task, and a willingness to work flexible hours, according to program/project needs;
- Confidence and comfort communicating with people at different levels of seniority, through a multitude of channels and from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- German language skill is not required.
You will need to upload the following:
- Cover letter
- Three examples of your communications work, including long-form writing and multimedia (these can be provided as attachments and/or links)
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.