General Electric Healthcare Global Services call applications for Biomedical Technician Apprentice at General Electric in the United States. In this role, the Biomedical Technician Apprentice will respond to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on basic biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
Biomedical Technician Apprentice at General Electric will do the following duties
- Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections, and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol, and complete necessary documentation, as guided.
- Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. As instructed, implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
- May assist more experienced technicians in progressive repairs and resolution. Work as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the assigned area.
- Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor’s service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
- Ensure proper care of spares, tools, and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment formal instruction.
- Meet Health and Human Services, as well as Environment Health and Safety requirements
- Recent graduate or current student of no more than 12 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology, or Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent DOD military education.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
- Previous experience and/or course work in which you have successfully interpreted schematic diagrams and performed troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic diagnostic imaging or electronic equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure the safe and effective operation of those devices.
- Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Basically, GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
General Electric Company (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate company. As of 2018, the company operates through the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing, venture capital and finance, and lighting.