Communication Internship is available at United Nations Resident Coordinator System in Beirut, Lebanon. The United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Office (UNRCO) in Lebanon is looking for an intern with an interest in communications and development issues. The internship programme will enhance the intern’s educational and/or professional experience through practical work and exposure to a variety of global and national development challenges, including the Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030, Covid-19 response, humanitarian-development nexus and communications.
The internship programme will provide prospective interns with an opportunity to get acquainted with the UN development system in Lebanon, to become closely involved in its programmes and operations as well as to learn about global perspectives and national development/stabilization strategies.
Under the overall supervision of the Communications Officer at UNRCO, the intern shall perform the following tasks:
- Support in updating, on daily basis, the UN Lebanon’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc), by downloading/arranging communications material, drafting and translating concise posts.
- Support in monitoring the performance of the UN Lebanon social media accounts and website through Google Analytics and other relevant platforms and provide suggestions for improved performance and maximum public outreach.
- Assist in updating the UNCT website, uploading relevant information and documents through its content management system.
- Provide translation support to the UNCT website and social media posts.
- Assist in taking photos and videos for media coverage and archiving, and support in feeding UN Lebanon Flickr account with related photos, categorized by themes, for future use in joint UN communication material.
- Provide admin assistance in organizing press conferences, briefings, meetings, and other events held by the RC.
- Assist in drafting and translating media advisories, press releases, talking points and/or other communications material, as deemed necessary.
- Assist in notetaking in UNRCO-led or organized meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of UNRCO & the Communication Officer.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met one of the following criteria
- Enrollment in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Applicants for this Communication Internship is available at United Nations in Lebanon must:
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the UN Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- For this internship, fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is necessary.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here