Ford Motor Company invite application for Communications Design internship at Greenfield Labs. Communications Design Intern plays a critical role in our dynamic, interdisciplinary teams. Using storytelling, design systems, brand, and tone, you will help build the thread of the idea through some very ambiguous moments. Communications Designers is the clarifying voice, an integrative and ordering force that shapes our work and makes its purpose clear to the world.
Ford Motor Company was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. It’s a belief that has always fueled our passion to create great cars and trucks. While the Greenfield Labs is a partnership between Ford and IDEO. It has a multidisciplinary team using design to develop and pilot new products and services to bring humanity to mobility and transportation solutions in cities around the world.
- Create compelling, scalable visual design languages and brands.
- Likewise, Design flexible graphics systems that can grow and evolve as a product focuses shift.
- Further, Be an expert in color, tone, voice, and type.
- Moreover, Communicate product offerings and benefits using a clear, direct, and relatable brand voice.
- Work with multidisciplinary project teams often made up of designers, engineers, brand, and business strategists, and other hybrid experts.
- Collaborate with teammates to creatively solve complex problems for innovative products, services, and experiences.
- Leverage graphic design best practices to cut through complexity and cultivate trust with our users and stakeholders.
- Similarly, Lead the preparation and production of project presentations on lab work, both externally and internally.
- Also, Participate in the communication design needs of the Lab as a whole.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Also, a Bachelor’s Degree within the Visual Communication/Graphic Design or associated fields.
- Further, 2+ years of experience with modern design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Keynote, &c.
- A well-formed portfolio in graphic design/communication design with a clear and thorough process from ideation to production
- Further, Working knowledge of grid systems, typography, composition, and layout.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills. Comfortable communicating and advocating for design solutions to a broad audience.
- Self-directed and self-motivated; a natural team player, creative thinker, and communicator. Ability to see the big picture, and at the same time be detail-oriented and delivery-focused.
- Ability to elegantly push boundaries through adaptation and evolution of design systems. Be able to balance speed vs. perfection in a fast-paced, scrappy environment
- Moreover, Ability to take a project from ideation to completion. Attention to detail, with an eye for consistency.
- Strategic approach and the ability to explain the rationale behind your design.
- Also, Passion for leveraging design communication to affect large-scale societal change.
How To Apply for the Internship at Ford Motor Company?
Ford Motor Company accepts the application for Communications Design internship online. While applying, candidates will require to provide an updated CV as well as a covering letter.