Applications are open for Core Data Science Internship in the United States. Core Data Science is an interdisciplinary team of quantitative scientists that aims to deliver research and innovation that fundamentally increase the magnitude of Facebook’s successes. The ideal candidate will have extensive graduate training in economics and econometrics, and an interest in answering challenging, open-ended research questions with real-world impact.
Expertise in one or more of the following fields is preferred: causal inference and the statistical analysis of randomized experiments; game theory and economic modeling, especially in relation to the economics of platforms; and empirical industrial organization.
- Answer important product and business questions, by applying appropriate economic and econometric methodologies, and developing new methodologies when necessary.
- Identify new areas across the family of Facebook apps and products, where economic insights can drive product improvements.
- Synthesize and apply relevant insights from the academic literature on economics and econometrics to Facebook’s products.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other scientists, engineers, designers, UX researchers, and product managers to accomplish complex tasks that deliver demonstrable value to Facebook’s community of over 2 billion users.
Applicants must have the following qualifications to apply for Core Data Science Internship at the United States
- Experience with empirical research and for answering questions with data.
- Experience communicating quantitative analysis as well as experience manipulating and analyzing data.
- Knowledge of a data analysis tool such as R or Python, and experience with general-purpose programming languages.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Ph.D. in Economics or related field.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op.