The Center of Genomic Revolution invites undergraduates as well as graduates students to participate in the CRG Summer Internship Program 2020 in Barcelona, Spain. The internship will provide undergraduate and master students the opportunity to conduct summer research at the CRG. The program focuses to encourage students, from any nationality, in the pursuit of a scientific career and to introduce them to an international laboratory experience. Moreover, a maximum of 8 internship positions is available in 2020. The summer internship is of two months long consists of a total of 320 working hours. It will run two months over 2 months from June/July up to September.
- Al the candidates are eligible for the stipend of 400€/month.
- If the candidate is not from Barcelona: 1 return ticket to the student’s place of residence (European ticket up to of 300€ / Overseas up to 800€)
- Meal vouchers (lunch/working days) for 2 months.
- The student must provide their own health and accident insurance in case it is not provided by the University.
Eligibilities for Undergraduate students
- Undergraduates with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biosciences and biomedical research (prior lab experience is highly recommended) who are in their final two years of studies in the Life Sciences or related subjects (e.g. Bioinformatics, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Chemistry).
- Two full years (4 semesters) of college course work completed by the time the internship commences.
- Candidates must not be an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2020). Similarly, candidates may not have previously obtained a “CRG Summer Internship”.
- High level of English.
- Availability to do a student placement/internship agreement through your University.
Eligibilities for Masters Students
- Master students with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biosciences and biomedical research (prior lab experience is highly recommended) who are currently enrolled in a master’s in an accredited university and after the summer internship.
- Candidates may not have previously obtained a “CRG Summer Internship”
- High level of English.
- Candidates must available to do a student placement/internship agreement through your University.
- Furthermore, candidates may not have been at the CRG before the internship starts.
Candidates must fill the online application system in order to apply for the CRG Summer Internship Program in Spain. Candidates must submit their application no later than 9th March 2020.
The Centre for Genomic Regulation is a biomedical and genomics research center based on Barcelona. Most of its facilities and laboratories are in the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park, in front of Somorrostro beach. Since July 2015 CNAG (the National Centre for Genomic Analysis), located in the Parc Científic de Barcelona (close to Camp Nou), became an outstation of CRG.