UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives and defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Moreover, UNICEF invites application from a prospective intern for the Data Analytics Internship in the USA.
The Data Analytics Intern will assist the team in performing statistical analysis of the case management data for reporting; identifying and analyzing demographical trends including, but not limited to, age, gender, occupation in collaboration with other teams in DHR; and developing analytic algorithms and visualization layouts (e.g., graph, tree, map, chart, etc.)
Data Analytics Internship Remuneration
In accordance with UNICEF’s guidelines, a Data Analytics intern will receive a stipend of US $1,500 per month for full-time work. For part-time internship, UNICEF will compensate the interns as per the pro-rata. There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the internship. UNICEF is not responsible for obtaining any necessary visas.
What will Data Analytics Intern do at UNICEF?
The data analytics intern will support the UNICEF’s daily work which includes:
- Familiarize with the case management software system;
- Provide support on data analytics and reporting for the Case Management Team;
- Collaborate with other teams in DHR to connect data pieces for deeper analysis;
- Create customizable as well as interactive dashboards and dynamic data visualizations that help identify patterns and trends as well as other insights;
- Assist in processing, cleansing, and maintaining the integrity of data used for analysis;
- Also, Prepare automated data reporting templates, graphs, charts, and other summaries from data;
- Further, Perform any other relevant duties assigned.
What qualifications do you need for Data Analytics Internship?
To become a Data Analytics Intern, the candidate must meet the following UNICEF internship requirements:
- Be an undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. degree student or have graduated within the past two years in the area of business/marketing analytics, statistics, data science, business administration, etc.
- Passion for numbers, data and IT systems
- Ability to work smoothly with raw data, analyze data effectively, interpret analytical results and communicate insights to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to transform data sources for analysis and visualization
- Creative, highly organized, and keen eyes for details
- Knowledge of statistical software will be an advantage
- Fluency in English.
- Further, Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
How to apply for the Internship at UNICEF?
To apply for the data analytics internship at UNICEF, the prospective candidates may register online. Further, the candidates should provide a CV and a cover letter. Also, UNICEF will require verification regarding the candidate’s current affiliation, hence, the following documentation is necessary to provide.
- Letter of verification from the college or university that the intern is currently an undergraduate student and has completed at least two years of full-time study at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of an undergraduate degree (if the candidate is 18 years old, this replaces the two-year bachelor’s completion requirement); or, Graduate Degree Program (i.e., Master’s, PhD). It should also state the expected graduation date. Recent graduates are allowed until 2 years after degree completion.
- Copy of their most recent official transcript showing excellent academic performance
- Copy of Identification Card (ID)
- One signed letter of recommendation on letterhead or from a professional email address
UNICEF accepts the internship application for the Data Analytics Intern until 30 June 2019. Interested candidate may apply within the deadline