The International Criminal Police Organization (more commonly as INTERPOL) calls application for the internship program at Data Protection. INTERPOL welcomes candidates from all 194 member countries to apply for this internship in Lyon France.
- At the end of the internship, the participating intern candidate will have
- A better understanding of the Organization’s goals and objectives as well as the ideas on how international police cooperation operates.
- Similalry, an insight into how an international organization operates.
- Also, a framework to enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments, thereby developing skills that are useful for their career and future employment.
- Furthermore, the experience of working in a multicultural, multidisciplinary and multi-ethnic environment, contributing to the development of mutual understanding, trust, and tolerance.
The intern will be able to further develop and assess his/her knowledge of data protection within a dynamic working environment. In particular, the incumbent of the INTERPOL Data Protection Internship program will do the following duties
- Research on and monitoring of new data protection developments.
- Assist in the preparation of meetings, training, workshops, conferences.
- Drafting of technical notes, leaflets, training material with regard to the activities of the DPO
- Furthermore, carrying out any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Be a national of one of INTERPOL’s 194 member countries
- Must be of legal age of majority in their country of nationality
- Must be enrolled in a, or have graduated from, a post-secondary accredited academic institution at Master’s
- Degree level within the past one year on the date of submission of their application preferably in a field related to ICT Law, Data Protection or at least proven interest in this field.
- Professional fluency in English is necessary for this position. In addition to that, good command in any other INTERPOL official languages (French, Spanish, and Arabic) is plus.
- Adaptable to an international, multicultural and multilingual environment. Also, good communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools as well as a strong interest in IT aspects of Data Protection.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be discretion, diplomacy, tact, and rigor.
Interested candidates must apply online for this Internship position at INTERPOL in France. The application must include a cover letter which also contains the following information
- Motivation to join the INTERPOL internship program
- Interest in and your assets for this specific internship opportunity
- Expectations for this internship
Interns are eligible for a monthly allowance determined by the Secretary-General. Generally, the allowance is established and paid in the currency of the country of the INTERPOL duty station to which the participant is assigned. The internship allowance for Lyon, France is currently set at EUR 550.
The International Criminal Police Organization is an international organization that facilitates worldwide police cooperation and crime control. INTERPOL provides investigative support, expertise, and training to law enforcement worldwide in battling three major areas of transnational crime: terrorism, cybercrime, and organized crime. Its broad mandate covers virtually every kind of crime, including crimes against humanity, child pornography, drug trafficking and production, political corruption, copyright infringement, and white-collar crime. The agency also helps coordinate cooperation among the world’s law enforcement institutions through criminal databases and communications networks.