IBM invites candidates to apply for the Data Science Internship in the United States of America. The interns work with enterprise leaders and key decision-makers to solve business problems by preparing, analyzing, and understanding data to deliver insight, predict emerging trends, and provide recommendations to optimize results.
- Implement and validate predictive models; create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
Communicating with internal and external clients to understand business needs and also providing analytical solutions.
- Using statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc. to analyze data and provide insights.
- Working in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
- Data analytics including identifying, retrieving, manipulating, relating and exploiting multiply structured and unstructured data sets from various sources including building or generating new data sets. Also, gaining exposure to writing relational table queries.
- Identifying, retrieving, manipulating, relating and exploiting multiply structured and unstructured data sets from various sources including building or generating new data sets as appropriate.
- Furthermore, creating and presenting materials on data projects, data science architecture and analytics strategies.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be eligible for this Data Science Internship at IBM
- At least a high school diploma.
- Ability to debug, troubleshoot, design and implement solutions to complex technical issues. Similarly, the ability to a knack for analytics and solving problems using data.
- Strong understanding of programming languages extensively used in Data Science applications (e.g., R, Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Desire to relocate and work in Southbury, CT.
- Basic knowledge of statistical concepts such as probability theory and hypothesis testing.
- Experience coding in R and/or Python.
- Willing to work and relocate to Southbury, CT.
- Furthermore, advanced knowledge of statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights preferred.
- Similarly, experience collaborating on coding projects, e.g. sharing code and resolving issues through GitHub is an asset.
IBM (International Business Machine) Corporation is an American multinational information technology company with headquarter in Armonk, New York. It BM produces and sells computer hardware, middleware, and software, and provides hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. On the other hand, IBM is also a major research organization. It holds the record for most U.S. patents generated by a business (as of 2019) for 26 consecutive years. Altogether, IBM operates in 170 countries.