Dell is seeking students passionate and curious about machine learning, big data, statistical learning and/or data engineering for its paid internship program. The internship will last one-year with the possibility of a full-time contract thereafter.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your analytical and technical skills with challenging projects and learn from our experienced data scientists and big data engineers. Expect to expand your skills in Python / R, the Hadoop ecosystem including Spark (PySpark / SparklyR) & Hive, relational databases, and applying machine learning techniques to large datasets.
Dell offers a fast-paced work environment in a diverse team with exposure to Dell teams across the globe enabling you to advance your communication skills in English. As an Intern, you will be part of a dynamic, collaborative and cross-functional team focused on making significant business impacts. We will encourage you to have a major influence on our solutions.
Dell Machine Learning Internship Salary: 6,60 EUR/hr.
Main areas of responsibility
The paid Dell Internship will require Machine Learning enthusiast working for:
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
- Work with our big data infrastructure, engineering our data to turn it into actionable insights and build models that predict future outcomes.
- Translate analytics & statistical output into business speak and enable the adoption of analytics by our stakeholders
- Build expertise on data sources, understanding our data structures, metadata and architecture to build optimized queries so we can get to insights fast.
- Build automated processes taking a project from raw data through to modeling, model evaluation and production.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements, providing actionable recommendations on how to optimize the speed, salability and stability of our feature engineering process
- Partnering with Product Managers, engineers and key business partners to implement innovative solutions driving real business outcomes
- Engage in discussions to frame problem statements, develop hypotheses, design data frames, recommend modeling approach, define success indicators & testing criterion
- Desire to work in a fast, collaborative and curious environment
- Students in the 3rd / 4th year of studies, ideally in the fields of Computer Science/IT, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or similar; however, we are always open to students passionate about data science from other fields.
- Likewise, Ability to communicate in English
- Also, Driven by a spirit of teamwork and motivated to engage with a global team with remote leaders and peers
- Being self-reliant and capable of both independent work and as member of a team
- Daily student at EU based university with plan to stay with us for at least 1 year
- Background in statistics / machine learning / AI with the ability to build models
- Experience in software development using one or more languages, such as Python (e.g. scikit-learn, numpy), R (caret, dplyr), Java, C++ and/or similar
- Experience with data processing software (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive), along with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Flume)
- Ability to work with varied data infrastructures – including relational databases and file-based storage solutions with a working knowledge of SQL
- Exposure to visualization tools / libraries e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, ggplot2 in R, matplotlib in Python, Gephii or similar.
Equally important to these specific skills are a candidate’s ability to:
- Likewise, Willingness to learn new systems
- Further, Quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements
- Also, Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both English through writing and orally is a key competency, as is your demonstrable skill as a self-starter
- Thriving in ambiguity & working with global team across various time-zones
How To Apply
Interested candidates may apply for the Machine Learning Internship position at Dell online. Applicants will also require to submit their most recent CV and cover letter while applying for the internship.