Discovery Interns are explorers- they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. Further, they walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask questions that go beyond the surface. Such is the charisma of the Discovery Internship Program. As such, Discovery is looking for a charismatic individual for its Software Engineering Internship for Spring 2020.
Why Internship at Discovery?
Discovery offers paid internships. Credit is not required; however, if necessary documentation will be provided.
- Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
- Further, interns participate in Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
- Networking opportunities with great snacks
- A creative, collaborative as well as inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the TV industry as well as what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Also, real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What does a Software Engineering Intern do at Discover?
As a Software Engineering Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
- Working with product owners and end-users to design the right solutions
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle — design, develop, test, deploy, and iterate
- Likewise, the opportunity to work with different languages and technology incl
- Opportunity to work with different languages as well as technologies including
- content delivery networks (CDN),
- content management systems
- cloud infrastructure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Social media platforms, search technologies
- Selenium as well as Applitool
- Collaborating with other engineers to implement the right solutions
- Further, writing clean logical code that can be easily supported by others
- Developing a test strategy for the code
- Testing the code
- The writing unit, automated as well as visual tests
- Also, maintaining visibility of work progression in JIRA and team sync-ups
What do you need for Discovery Software Engineering Spring Internship?
Discovery considers a candidate eligible for the Software Engineering Spring Internship if they are:
- Currently enrolled at Pellissippi State Community College
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
- Prior course work in a technology-related field
- Strong interest in working for Discovery in Technology related role
- Likewise, have a professional attitude, demeanor, and relationship with Discovery management, co-workers and staff at all times.
- Further, be able to prioritize workloads and handle multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Also, have the legal right to work in the United States
How to apply for Software Engineering Internship at Discovery?
Eligible candidates may apply online for the Discovery Software Engineering Internship. Candidates will require to submit a CV to apply for the internship. However, they do not require a cover letter.
The Discovery accepts the application for the Software Engineering Internship until 15 November 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline do not have the possibility to attain the internship.