Human Rights First invites application for the Foreign Policy Internship. The intern will assist with investigations and research of individual cases of gross violations of human rights and corruption to identify individuals for consideration as possible designees under the Global Magnitsky Act (which sanctions individuals that engage in these behaviors). Further, the intern will designees come from any country in the world. Likewise, they will coordinate cases of this type provided by members of our coalition. Also, the intern will require to gather cases, verify information, liaise with attorneys conducting a review of cases, compose case summaries.
What will a Foreign Policy Internship do at Human Rights First?
- Liaise with NGOs providing case files for Magnitsky to provide information and answer questions
- Liaise with attorneys reviewing Magnitsky files to provide information and answer questions
- Conduct research – both on the internet and via interviews – to gather information and prepare case files for Global Magnitsky cases involving gross violations of human rights or instances of corruption
- Keep track via a database or another tracking method of cases gathered, reviewed, and outcome of the review.
- Assist with training of NGOs and attorneys on provisions of the Global Magnitsky Act
- Assist with advocacy with government entities and the public regarding the Global Magnitsky Act (drafting blogs, op-eds, factsheets, other publications)
What do you need for Foreign Policy Internship?
- Some experience with human rights concepts and instruments
- Some knowledge of the human rights situation in at least one region of the world
- Knowledge of how to apply legal standards to a specific case
- Knowledge of corruption concepts and methods desirable
- Foreign language skills are very desirable.
How to apply for a Refugee Representation Legal Internship?
To apply for a Foreign Policy Internship at Human Rights First, at first, you will need to find the position that you want to work at Human Rights First. Internship positions will require you to meet the minimum eligibility. Also, it will state the desired criteria to secure the internship. So, to become a Foreign Policy Intern at Human Rights First, you must meet these requirements as these internships are highly competitive.
Here is a step by step guide on how to apply for a Human Rights First Internship:
Step 1: Assess your need for an internship. Also, be sure that your university has a provision for the internship.
Step 2: Go to the careers site and check for the available internship position at Human Rights First, which in this case Foreign Policy Internship.
Step 3: Check for the details, and see if you meet the Human Rights First requirements for internship for the desired position.
Step 4: Apply directly from the site, once you are sure that you meet the internship requirements.
Step 5: Fill out details and provide a recent CV and other relevant documentation while making an online application.
Step 6: Double-Check your application and be sure that everything is in order. Submit your application and wait for the callback.
Human Rights First will accept the application for the Foreign Policy Internship until 16 August 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are not eligible for the internship.