(Fully Funded) 2024 UTRIP Summer Internship in Japan
The Applications are invited to apply for the UTRIP Summer Internship 2024 at the University of Tokyo. UTRIP stands for the University of Tokyo Research Internship Program. It is a Fully Funded Summer Internship for undergraduate (Bachelor, or integrated Bachelor’s/Master) degree students. UTRIP Summer Internship is open to all foreign nationalities. Japanese citizens can not apply.
The UTRIP Internship will run from (26 June 2024 – 6 August 2024). Approximately 40 days. The program includes off-campus activities such as a field-trip to a historical or natural site in Japan and social and cultural events to promote a better understanding of Japanese culture and build a good relationship with current students at UTokyo. Participants will get an idea of completing a master’s degree program from the Tokyo after completing an undergraduate degree. More details are given below.
There is NO program fee. The UTRIP Interns will enjoy the hospitality of Japan for Free. The UTRIP Program will cover:
- Accommodation (43 nights):
A privately managed off-campus residence for the interns. All rooms will be equipped with beds, desks and air-conditioning. A kitchen or a small kitchenette, fridge, laundry machine, shower room, and toilet are also available inside or outside of the room.
You can enjoy any kind of meal in Tokyo and at the school cafeteria.
This allowance will be provided for the Round-trip Airfare to Japan and daily expenses such as transportation in Japan.
Check: UNDP Project Intern Manager at Moldova
Eligibility Criteria for UTRIP Summer Internship
- An applicant must not have a Japanese Citizenship or a Japanese nationality.
- Applicants from all other countries can apply.
- An applicant must have completed at least one full year of a bachelor’s degree program.
- One semester or quarter must be left after completing the internship and should be completed after returning.
- Students on an integrated Bachelor’s/Master’s course are eligible to apply.
- UTRIP is open to students in science, engineering, and all other relevant fields.
- Be enrolled in a natural science or related field.
- An applicant must be able to show English Language Proof through TOEFL, or IELTS, or those Students who have received an English-medium education continuously for the past 8 years are exempted from submitting English proficiency test scores.
- Test scores that have already expired are accepted.
- An intensive Japanese language course will be provided during the program.
Hosting Labs & Project Topics
- Astronomy (None)
- Earth & Planetary Science
- Biological Sciences (None)
Required Documents in UTRIP Summer Internship
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Resume / CV
- English language qualifications
- Scanned copy of academic transcript
- Recommender information You are required to submit one recommendation letter issued by a professor who knows your educational background.
Also check: Governance Intern Specialist- Climate Finance Economist
About UTRIP Summer Internship 2024
- Country: Japan
- Internship Location: University of Tokyo
- Internship Dates: 26 June 2024 – 6 August 2024
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 9th January 2024
How to Apply for the UTRIP Summer Internship 2024?
- UTRIP Internship Application: The applications must be submitted online by 9th January 2024.
- Recommendation Forms: The recommendation letters must be completed online by the recommendation deadline of 17:00 on 16 January 2024.
- Results: Selection notification will be announced on the UTRIP website on 8 April 2024