UNDP Project Intern Manager at Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Duties and Responsibilities of UNDP Project Intern Manager
The Project Manager applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations, as follows:
- Oversee day-to-day operations and implementation of project activities;
- Exercise close monitoring of project activities and produce monitoring reports;
- Ensure the timely and efficient delivery of Project outputs and products, as per the Project Document, leading to the achievement of expected results;
- Develop Work Plan, periodic narrative progress and final reports and expenditures status reports and submit to the supervisor;
- Support the efficient management of the Project financial resources, including budgeting and budget revisions, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting;
- Continuously record and maintain Project issues and risks and suggest mitigation measures;
- Maintain a close collaboration with other related UNDP programmes to ensure synergies and complementarities;
- Perform any other duties connected directly with the implementation and evaluation of the Project as required.
Knowledge Management and Sharing
- Assist in coordinating the exchange of information internally and between relevant project stakeholders;
- Ensure timely and proper documentation of the programme implementation process and products produced in accordance with the UNDP guides;
- Capture and disseminate good practices locally, nationally and as required internationally.
The key results have a direct impact on the overall successful achievement of the Accelerating a Just Energy Transition in Republic of Moldova Programme. Accurate analysis and presentation of information enhances UNDP’s position as a strong development partner. The information provided facilitates decision-making of the Project Board, the Beneficiary and UNDP management.
Check:UNDP Building Maintenance Assistant at South Africa
Required Skills and Experience
- Master`s degree in environmental studies, engineering, law, public and/or business administration, economics or related areas is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience can be taken into consideration in lieu of Master`s degree.
- Minimum 5 years (with Master’s Degree) or 7 years (with Bachelor’s Degree) of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of projects based activities, preferably related to the legal and institutional support, infrastructure establishment, awareness raising, promotion of public and private partneship, work with the LPAs.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team or coordination between different teams is required.
- Professional working experience in the energy, ICT, smart technologies areas is a strong asset.
- Relevant professional experience of engagement with a large variety of stakeholders (public, private, LPAs, central public authorities, mass-media and etc. is required.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, development partners, NGOs, UN Agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language is an asset.
- Prior experience with UNDP consultancy and/or project implementation.
- Familiarity and prior experience with the donors requirements and procedures is considered as an asset.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to achieve results and deadlines in a timely manner, maintaining a high standard throughout.