Applications call for Gender and Disability Internship at the United Nations in Thailand
The Social Development Division/ Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Section calls application for Social Science Internship on Gender and Disability in Bangkok, Thailand. This internship will be for 2-6 months. The internship is unpaid and full-time where interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Section.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of critical areas of concern related to gender equality and women’s empowerment, such as women’s economic participation, women’s leadership and engagement in decision-making, violence against women and girls, as well as on Sustainable Development Goals and disability-inclusive development.
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, sections of reports and studies, and inputs to publications.
- Provides substantive support to the implementation of technical cooperation projects on women’s economic empowerment, gender-responsive planning and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and rights of persons with disabilities.
- Assist in organizing and convening meetings/seminars/workshops and attending to other relevant preparations.
- Perform other duties as might be assigned by the Chief of Section.
Applicants must, at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements for this Gender and Disability Internship at the United Nations in Thailand
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated a keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Have demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of different opinions and views.
- Studies in social science, economics, or other relevant areas required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset.