Applications are open for the Global Supply Manager, Custom Mechanicals (MBA) Internship at Facebook. As a Global Supply Manager (GSM) for Custom Mechanicals, you will be responsible for developing the key strategic relationships with critical Custom Mechanical suppliers, including negotiating contracts, part cost, and supply management.
This role is dependent on integrating and working directly with the key Hardware Engineering and Technical Operations teams. He/she will monitor and drive continuous improvement programs with our Mechanical suppliers throughout the life-cycle of the product. This is a 12-week internship based in Seattle, WA.
Candidates on Global Supply Manager Internship at Facebook will do the following duties
- Develop commodity supplier sourcing strategy ensuring the supplier is capable of meeting Facebook’s current and future technical and business requirements.
- Benchmark the industry to monitor technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the Facebook AR/VR supply chain.
- Establish supplier selection criteria, evaluate alternative suppliers, manage the Request-For-Quote process, and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Hardware Engineering and Technical Operations teams.
- Proactively provide manufacturability and cost input to inform product design, architecture, and feature set decisions.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps.
- Negotiate key agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms.
- Develop detailed technical models for part cost, capacity cost, ramp plans, and supply plans.
- Lead Total Cost Reduction program to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, capacity cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality.
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, and any supply issue.
- Institute programs to optimize schedule flexibility while minimizing excess inventory exposure.
- Work with Supply Base Engineering and our Contract Manufacturing partners to resolve any chronic part shortage or quality problems which are affecting production schedules.
- Own the ramp plan, ongoing production plan and forecast, tooling qualification schedule and tooling life for all designated suppliers.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining an MBA.
- 1+ years of experience in supplier evaluation/selection should cost models, contract negotiation, and supply base management.
- 1+ years of experience communicating with and influencing all levels of management.
- Familiarity with Hardware Product Development Process (PDP).
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.