Applications are open for Corporate Strategy Summer Consultant 2021 – Summer Internship in multiple locations.
The Corporate Strategy Summer Consultant will have the opportunity to work alongside senior strategy consultants and executives on real, high-level engagements. You will analyze problems, formulate hypotheses, develop insights, and deliver recommendations to drive growth and transformation, working with IBM Business Units to investigate new market opportunities and business models. As a member of IBM Corporate Strategy, you will gain exposure to IBM at a transformational moment in its illustrious 110-year history, and help shape IBM’s new chapter as it defines the Hybrid Cloud and Artificial Intelligence markets.
The Corporate Strategy Summer Consultant will be responsible for analyzing current business processes and methodologies to determine areas of improvement, and work to implement policies to enhance the performance of IBM. Moreover, the responsibilities of incumbent include
- Shape IBM C-Suite decisions with small-team project engagements to architect company-wide strategic direction.
- Engage with Business Unit leaders to determine root causes to be evaluated, hypotheses to be tested, and business outcomes to be achieved.
- Establish trusted relationships with internal client teams and interface with stakeholders across Business Units to gather information, gain diverse perspectives, and deepen subject matter expertise.
- Develop fact-based client, market, and competitor insights based on research conducted across a variety of sources, e.g. primary interviews, analyst reports, and internal databases.
- Leverage first- and second-order insights as well as apply technical and operational expertise to identify issues, challenge the status quo, and develop creative recommendations.
- Synthesize insights and recommendations into client presentations to clearly communicate findings to Business Unit leaders.
- Collaborate with Business Unit client teams to implement and, in select circumstances, to manage pragmatic, bold, and actionable solutions.
Candidates for the Corporate Strategy Summer Internship will have the following qualifications
- Pursuing Master’s Degree
- Bachelors with at least 5 years of business experience
- Able to travel approximately 10% annually
- Fluent in the English language
- Intellectual curiosity and open-mindedness ready to question existing systems, business models, and processes and devise innovative solutions.
- Diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives eager to cultivate positive working relationships within a tight-knit team and build trusted relationships across all levels of IBM.
- Passion to understand how emerging technologies can be adopted and applied to solve business and societal challenges.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the capability to take ambiguous complexities and deliver creative and well-structured solutions.
- Deep analytical skills and ability to formulate data-driven recommendations.
- Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully utilizing verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members.