Applications are now open for Information Management Internship at United Nations Thailand. The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific invite applicants to do the intern on Information Management. The internship will be full-time and unpaid. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Interns will gain first-hand experience with regard to the United Nations ESCAP’s activities in the area of strategic communications as well as public information and media relations. They will also gain a greater understanding of how the UN ESCAP works and its range of activities in the Asia-Pacific region.
Responsibilities of Information Management Intern at the United Nations
- Provide assistance in creating and updating website content as well as in the design and development of websites.
- Help initiate content for social media channels and explore more potential social media means to raise the visibility of ESCAP work.
- Help take photos of events, when required; Carry out and/or initiate tasks/special projects.
Furthermore, the Web & Information Management intern will do the following duties in United Nations ESCAP:
- Help monitor news clippings from local newspapers on global, regional and national issues for UN HQs.
- Provide research for backgrounders/information materials.
- Assist in the preparation of briefing sessions on the work of ESCAP and other UN agencies for the UN Briefing Programme.
- Similarly, assist in the organization and execution of special events to mark UN observances, press conferences, media launches or exhibitions.
Eligibility and Requirements
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a) be commencing study in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b) be commencing study in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Also, must be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Must have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Similarly, must have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Furthermore, knowledge of Adobe Creative Studio, Drupal, UX design, HTML and CSS are desirable.
How to apply for Information Management Internship?
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
- Graduation Date (when will you be graduating from the program).
- List the IT skills and programs that you are proficient in. Also, list your top three areas of interest/department preferences.
- Similarly, explain why you are the best candidate for SCAS. Similarly, explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Furthermore, indicate the potential internship period if possible.