Johnson & Johnson is where business, technology, and innovation intersect, helping it meet the most critical health care needs around the world. Hence, Johnson & Johnson invites application for Information Technology Co-op. The Co-op will get to learn about technology, design thinking, agile and apply them to help J&J deliver game-changing, technology-driven business models and capabilities to consumers, patients, nurses, and doctors. Further, Johnson and Johnson Internship are structured and includes tailored learning sessions, coaching from mentor and supervisor, and exposure to senior management.
What will the Information Technology Co-op do at Johnson & Johnson?
- Support projects via technical skills, management skills, and communication to accomplish project analysis; experimental work, troubleshooting, documentation, project coordination, and management.
- Support your assigned functional area by performing engineering investigations, performing or overseeing projects or segments of projects in assessment; design, engineering, implementation, validation, and documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement behind Lean/Six Sigma projects, cost improvement projects, critical supply inventory tracking, and operations metrics tracking on a site, regional, and global level.
- Assist in performing analysis of the movement of people, processes, and products, throughout the distribution center, monitor current processes, identify and analyze gaps, and develop process improvements.
- Capture and interpret process data to implement improvements in cycle time, yield, or quality.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports, as needed, to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Maintain process surveillance programs on issues such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over.
- Follow all environmental, safety and occupational health policies (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS 18001).
What do you need for the Information Technology Co-op at Johnson & Johnson?
Johnson & Johnson considers a candidate eligible for the Information Technology Co-op if they are:
- Legally authorized to work in Puerto Rico and the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Actively enrolled pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Information System, be in good academic standing and have completed at least two years of studies.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 cumulative
- Proficiency of Spanish and English language required.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Previous Internship/Coop and/or Academic Research experience preferred.
- Extra-curricular experience in a student association/organization is a plus.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, superb communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
- Able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
How To apply for the Co-op at Johnson & Johnson?
To apply for the Information Technology Co-op at Johnson & Johnson, at first, you will need to find the position that you want to work at Johnson & Johnson. The Co-Op program will require you to meet the minimum eligibility. So, to become a Co-op at Johnson & Johnson, you must meet these requirements as these co-ops are highly competitive.
Here is a step by step guide on how to apply for a Johnson & Johnson Co-Op:
Step 1: Assess your need for an internship. Also, be sure that your university has a provision for the internship.
Step 2: Go to the career site and check for the available internship position at Johnson & Johnson, which in this case Information Technology Co-op.
Step 3: Check for the details, and see if you meet the Johnson & Johnson requirements for internship for the desired position.
Step 4: Apply directly from the site, once you are sure that you meet the internship requirements.
Step 5: Fill out details and provide a recent CV and other relevant documentation while making an online application.
Step 6: Double-Check your application and be sure that everything is in order. Submit your application and wait for the callback.