University of Maryland Medical System offers an Internship position to help support the Internal Clinical System Application team. An ideal candidate for this position would be a local student who is attending Pharmacy or Nursing school.
What will the Internal Clinical System Intern do at the University of Maryland?
The intern will have responsibilities regarding the Clinical System which includes:
- Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages, schedules appointments as well as provides information promptly, courteously and accurately in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Likewise, prepare standardized reports by gathering information from several sources, compiles data utilizing mathematical principles, preparing statistical tables and graphs, provides a preliminary interpretation of the basic results to the manager in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Further, verifies the content of reports and records for accuracy. Researches all available sources in order to resolve any errors. Reconciles user lists with established security access principles and keeps user access lists current according to departmental procedures.
- Moreover, prepares charts, tables, various reports and correspondence for review and approval of supervisory and/or professional staff. Proofreads typed materials, make corrections as needed, and recommends changes.
- Verifies and logs pertinent information from documents before submitting check requests for processing and approval. Assists with the supply chain paperwork and associated applications including requisitions, purchase order logs, receiving functions and departmental financial report reconciliation in accordance with departmental procedures.
- May compose and type letters in response to inquiries/requests regarding specific department information policies or procedures.
- Also, carries out specific departmental duties e.g. basic computer operations, password changes, review of the completeness of financial documents and reports in accordance with departmental procedures.
Qualifications for an Internal Clinical System Internship at the University of Maryland
The candidates applying for an Internship at the University of Maryland Medical System will require to have the qualifications including:
- Candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- HSD may substitute coursework or experience in certain departments. However, additional certifications may be required.
- Moreover, General clerical, administrative, secretarial experience is preferrable.
How to apply for an Internship at the University of Maryland?
Applicants can apply for the Internal Clinical System Internship at the University of Maryland via the online portal. Moreover, the candidates will also require to submit appropriate documentation including:
- A Resume/Vita
- A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
The University of Maryland will accept the application for the Internal Clinical System Internship on a rolling basis.