Applications call for Internship at Arab Program for Sustainable Energy Youth (APSEY)
The selected interns should be prepared to relocate to Cairo and work in a fast-paced team environment. Interns will complete the internship period having gained broad experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency, and regional cooperation fields. Among the activities to be carried out during the 6 months are:
- Hands-on training on data mining, research, and analysis skills through direct involvement in regional and country-level research.
- Placement in RCREEE projects under the supervision of Program Managers and Senior Experts.
- Technical training courses by leading regional technical experts from the region.
- Soft skills training courses (communication skills, leadership and project management, business, and technical writing).
- Attending relevant regional workshops and/or Exchange mission with other young professionals to collaborate on running projects.
- Periodic evaluation and feedback
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidate on this Internship at Arab Program for Sustainable Energy Youth will work under the supervision of the RCREEE team in any of the following areas:
- Research and analysis of renewable energy and energy efficiency trends and technologies in the Arab States.
- Engage in project support and implementation in the fields of policy, institutional development, facts/figures, finance, and private investment promotion relevant to RE/EE.
- Engage in RCREEE’s business development activities.
Candidates must have the following qualifications for Internship at Arab Program for Sustainable Energy Youth
- A recent graduate of Engineering, Environmental Studies, Economics, Political Science, or Business Administration.
- Being enrolled in or a holder of a relevant Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Previous experience in the field of sustainable energy and similar developmental projects is a plus.
- Fluency in Arabic and one of the two languages; English or French, is a must.
- Enthusiastic about the role of RCREEE and renewable energy and energy efficiency fields, and ready to learn.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and deadlines-oriented.
- Internet and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency is required.
Terms and Conditions
- APSEY is a full-time internship. Interns will have to abide by RCREEE working hours (8 hours/day) 5 days a week.
- The internship program operates on a remunerative basis. For interns from countries other than the host country, travel arrangements are the responsibility of RCREEE.
- Non-Egyptian interns will receive a monthly amount equivalent to 705 USD to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- It is the responsibility of the intern to arrange for his/her accommodation. RCREEE provides selected interns with a list of brokers’ contacts.
- Egyptian interns will receive a monthly amount equivalent to 350 USD.
- Medical Insurance is the sole responsibility of the intern.
APSEY Application Process Page