Applications call for Lead Learning Coach Internship at South Louisiana Community College. Lead Coaches will provide part-time instruction in English, Math or other subject areas as designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success to help increase the academic level of performance for participants, create and manage a learning environment in which all students are treated equitably and with respect and utilize innovative, effective, and equitable learning techniques that will maximize learning and understanding of subject areas. In addition, Lead Coaches will also assist with site operation including but not limited to:
- Monitoring opening-and closing-day procedures
- Managing of schedules and routines for learning coaches, volunteers and students
- Leads all orientation meetings
- Provide assistance to learning coaches
- Prepare supplemental materials
- Helps procure and organize teaching materials and supplies
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide learning assistance to students and learning coaches in courses designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success.
- Learning sessions may be held at the Academic Success Center, virtually, or an on-campus location designated by the Assistant Director of Academic Success
- Maintain accurate records of learning sessions.
- Assist in scheduling appointments.
- Serve as a role model for all students seeking academic assistance.
- Promote and Market the Academic Success Center throughout the college
- Be punctual for all scheduled learning sessions.
- Predictable and reliable attendance is necessary in order to provide consistency and continuity of educational services.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Applicants must have earned a B or higher in the subject(s) to work in.
- Applicants must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study.
- Students who wish to participate in the Lead Coaching program are must be enrolled in at least six credits at a regionally accredited institution during the semester of employment.
- Additionally, Lead Learning Coaches must be eligible to work in the United States and successfully submit all paperwork required to Human Resources.
- Lead Coaches must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at a regionally accredited institution at the time of application to participate in the program and must maintain this minimum level for continued employment.
- Tutoring and/or teaching experience.
South Louisiana Community College (SLCC) is a public community college in Lafayette, Louisiana. It is one of the largest community colleges in Louisiana with more than 7,000 students enrolled. SLCC awards associate degrees, transfer degrees, technical diplomas, and certifications. South Louisiana Community College is the only college in the state to offer an associate degree in midwifery and a technical diploma in nondestructive testing.