The UNDP Cambodia Country Office is now offering internship opportunities for national and international students from various disciplines. Students are welcomed to apply and, if qualified, will be selected for the internship. Through the Internship Programme, the successfully selected applicants will have an opportunity to work in a multi-cultural and UN standard working environment either relating to the organization’s key priorities or operations.
Areas of Internship
- Policy and Advocacy (support to policy research)
- Operations (Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Information Communication Technology – ICT)
- Programme and Result
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties of a candidate in Internship at UNDP in Cambodia is to
- Conduct research.
- Assist in the preparation of various documentation and reports.
- Help in the cataloguing of information.
- Assist in the organization of conferences, forums or other collaborative events.
- Contribute to the development of communication and knowledge product and visibility promotion.
- Candidates enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (second university degree or higher).
- Candidates enrolled in the third year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Candidate who have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (1) and (2) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Proficiency in English required. Fluency Khmer or in French is an asset.
- Computer literate in standard software applications.
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP’s Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter.
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.