WHO Country Office Iran is inviting applicants for an internship position on the WHO Representative’s Office, Iran
Under the supervision of the WHO Representative, the intern will perform the following duties
- Review literature and conduct literature surveys.
- Undertake web research and data collection on the specific subject area.
- Organize data and documents as well as participate in the development of tools and guidelines.
- Assist in drafting, formatting and editing policy briefs, tool kits, guides/manuals, hand-outs, brochures, and reports. Similarly, assist in organizing workshops, meetings, conferences, events.
- Furthermore, participate in on-going departmental projects.
- Understand the objectives of the program/area of work.
- Communicate clearly about the program/area of work.
- Understand the difference of work between headquarters, regional offices and country offices.
- Know how to conduct and review literature surveys.
- Know how to assemble data and prepare a comprehensive analysis.
- Prepare background documents for meetings.
- Develop the outline of a document.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be eligible for this Internship Position at WHO Country Office Iran
- MD or other health-related degrees at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment. AND be enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification in public health, health systems management or other health-related fields (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they apply for the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
- Experience in the subject area through academic work or research and also field and/or developing country experience.
- Experience with data analysis, statistical packages and interest in the design of graphical display and analysis of health information from an international comparative perspective, such as for health system performance assessment.
- More specific experience such as specialized computer program.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group. Its predecessor, the Health Organization, was an agency of the League of Nations.
Visit this link for more information.