Internship opportunity for Junior Researcher in Oslo, Norway (UNDP)
The Junior Researcher will contribute substantively to the development, implementation and delivery of the Centre’s research and innovation work on these priority workstreams in particular on Financial Integrity and Fair, Green Transitions. The Junior Researcher will also support advocacy and partnerships with networks, institutions, universities, civil society organizations and think tanks in the Global South as well as in Norway and the Nordic Region, and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities of Junior Researcher
Policy and programmatic support
- Support development of research products and analysis in partnership with research institutes, civil society organizations, private sector, and other relevant bodies interested in the Centre’s Research and Engagement Agendas, supporting South-South and triangular knowledge sharing, and ensuring that OGC works closely with Nordic as well as Southern think-tanks and institutions.
- Provide input toward the conceptualization, development, implementation and delivery of the Research and Innovation functions of the Centre including development of policy briefs, analytical reports and research products.
- Support resource mobilisation through mapping of funding opportunities and drafting of concept notes and proposals as required.
Workplanning and implementation
- Support development of detailed work plan for planned activities; monitor budget activity and provide reports and updates in line with monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Support procurement activities (e.g developing consultant Terms of Reference), ensuring compliance with UNDP internal guidelines).
Communications and outreach
- Provide inputs to advocacy and messaging on the promotion of REAs at national, regional, and international fora to help inform global and regional development strategies, policies, norms and standards.
- Contribute toward Director and Research and Innovation Team Lead briefing notes and high-level meeting preparations, as it relates to REA narrative, updates, and progress.
- Provide communications, logistical, and administrative support for events, including developing invitation lists, dissemination, language interpretation, online meeting setup and management, drafting event reports and minutes.
Knowledge production and dissemination
- Provide technical support for development of knowledge products.
- Maintain OGC data in resource databases.
- Identify opportunities for cross-fertilisation, internal synergies to be built upon, and external opportunities for sharing UNDP experiences in this field.
Institutional Arrangement of Junior Researcher
The Junior Researcher will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the Team Leader, Governance Research and Innovation and in close collaboration with all REA teams and colleagues across the UNDP Global Policy Network (GPN).
- UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
The IPSA Holder must arrange the necessary visa and work permit for Norway, and UNDP will provide all possible support for the applicant’s visa request. All costs related to visas and work permits, if any, are to be fully borne by the IPSA Holder.
- Include any official travel expected to be associated with performing the functions.
you may like Chief Credit Officer Internship in Johannesburg, South Africa
Required Skills and Experience
-Minimum Academic Education: A Master’s degree in social sciences, political sciences, international relations, international development, economics, or a related field.
– Minimum Years of Relevant Work Experience: At least two years of relevant professional experience in the area of governance.
– Required Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge and practical experience in research and innovation related to one or more OGC research and engagement agendas, particularly in the areas of financial integrity or fair green transitions.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research, writing papers, or policy publications, and developing innovative approaches.
- Proficiency in building partnerships with government representatives, international organizations, civil society organizations (CSOs), academia, and/or the private sector in the field of governance.
– Desired Additional Skills and Competencies:-
- Experience working with UNDP, UN, or international organizations.
- Expertise in fostering public-private partnerships.
- Experience collaborating with research organizations and think tanks based in Southern regions.
- Familiarity with Norwegian development priorities and the relevant civil society organization (CSO) and research community in the Nordic region.
-Required Language(s) (at working level):
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Proficiency in an additional UNDP working language and/or a Scandinavian language is advantageous.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!