Students who are either pursuing or have obtained a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in the natural or computer sciences, mathematics, or any related discipline are eligible to apply for Scientific Internships at ISTA.
Candidates are selected by the head of a research group (Professor or Assistant Professor).
- ISTA offers scientific interns a minimum salary of EUR 1,119 gross per month.
- Opportunity to be a part of a research group
- Also, you may also get an independent scientific intern position
- The OeAD handles the scholarship payments for a period of up to 3 months between May 15 and September 15.
- you will have access to health insurance as soon as you start your ISTernship program at ISTA.
- Moreover, successful applicants receive assistance with travel and visa arrangements.
- a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in the natural or computer sciences, mathematics, or any related discipline
- It is important for you to show passion and interest in the research topic of the group you’re applying to.
- In addition, having transferable/related research experience or technical skills
- the know-how would be a big benefit.
First, you identify which research group you’re most interested in working with. In order to find out about the range of research groups available, please browse this overview of research groups available.
Once you’ve found a research group you’d like to work with, email the research group leader directly, remembering to include:
- a short intro to your background, and your motivation to work with them
- an attached CV (in PDF format), listing relevant experience, education history
- possible dates for your internship
If the research group leader is interested in hosting you as a scientific intern in their research group, he/she or his/her assistant will be in touch with you regarding the next steps.