Opportunity for current or recent students with the opportunity for an Internship with the International Staff at NATO Headquarters in Brussels!
There is one call for applications per year, in Spring, with two starting dates, in September and March the following year. Internships will in principle last between 6 and 8 months.
NATO Internship Program Objectives:
- provide the Organisation with access to the latest theoretical and technical knowledge that the intern can apply through practical work assignments, as well as with additional staff resources.
- Also, provide interns with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community and get a better understanding and a more balanced view of the Organisation.
- contribute to creating a more diverse workforce.
- In addition, expand understanding of NATO in Alliance countries.
- Interns will benefit by experiencing an international organization from the inside while substantiating their Curriculum Vitae.
- Internships are offered in the NATO Divisions
- Also, interns receive a monthly stipend. The salary is not exempt from taxation.
- You will get travel expenses on taking up duty and on leaving the service based on a return economy ticket and for an amount of up to 1,200 Euros.
- In addition, after three months of service, interns shall be entitled to leave (including sick leave) at the rate of 2.5 working days for every month of service completed.
Current students and recent graduates (1 year) with:
- age over 21 at the time of internship (for insurance purposes)
- nationals of a NATO Member State
- enrolled in their third year or highest degree less than a year ago
- proficiency in one of the official NATO languages (English/French)
- Interns must have health insurance coverage, and take care of formalities with Belgian authorities regarding their stay in Belgium
Moreover, all interns will require a security clearance from their national authorities prior to working at NATO.