JP Morgan calls application for Global Financial Crimes Compliance Summer Internship in Mexico City, Mexico. Global Financial Crimes Compliance is responsible for the Anti-Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism program according to Mexican regulation and firm-wide standards, providing coverage in such area to the different lines of business with a presence in Mexico. The department has an active role as control and advisory area, as well as in the interaction with authorities in connection to AML / FT related matters.
The candidate undertaking this Summer Internship in JP Morgan Global Financial Crimes Compliance team will be responsible for the following duties
- Supporting to manage regulatory requests from the Financial Intelligence Unit on subjects that the bank and broker must monitor and report to the authorities when identified, including tasks such as reviewing official letters and actions required by the authority, preparing information in specific layouts, keeping databases and records updated in systems, among other operational activities;
- Similarly, supporting the advisory that GFCC provides on “Know Your Customer” processes, including analysis to determine whether there could be AML related risks in connection to the certain relationships when there are hits triggered in such processes.
- Supporting the preparation of the AML regulatory committee, including information requests to different areas, compiling such information to develop the committee’s material.
- Also, supporting the preparation and record-keeping of AML training provided by GFCC to the firm´s staff.
- Furthermore, other tasks, including support to the investigations team within GFCC and interaction with support and business areas.
- Students undertaking degree with the major of administrative or economic areas. However, students of law preferred.
- Fluent in English as well as knowledge of MS Office package.
- Knowledge of financial regulatory framework and authorities, as well as a general perspective on Compliance/AML function (desired).
- Analytic, attention to detail, team worker, good communication (verbally and written, in Spanish and English), good performance under pressure, dynamic, proactive, organized and responsible.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an American multinational investment bank and financial services holding company headquartered in New York City. JPMorgan Chase is ranked by S&P Global as the largest bank in the United States and the sixth-largest bank in the world by total assets, with total assets of US$2.687 trillion. It is also the world’s most valuable bank by market capitalization.