The Center for International Forestry Research invites applicants to take part in Youth in Landscapes Network Internship in Bonn, Germany. The intern position is under the Youth in Landscapes Initiative program.
Youth in Landscapes Initiative
YIL focuses to unite and empower youth (aged 18–35 years) from diverse backgrounds around the world to have a voice, learn, and affect positive change in their landscapes and livelihoods. The Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD), the International Forestry Students’ Association (IFSA) and the Global Agroecology Alliance (GAEA) coordinates the Youth in Landscapes Initiative program.
The intern will do the following tasks
- Coordinating regularly with the Youth in Landscapes Steering Committee and GLF Youth Coordinator (weekly meetings).
- Assisting in creating and delivering youth programs at GLF events (and other partners’ events), as well as long-term youth programs.
- Maintaining all Youth in Landscapes pages on the GLF website.
- Similarly, assisting in knowledge management, and regularly update activities and information of YIL partner organizations – International Forestry Students’ Association (IFSA), Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD), Global Agro-Ecology Alliance (GAEA), and others;
- Leading outreach to associate partners and youth organizations.
- Facilitating engagement and network building on social media (YIL Facebook groups and pages).
- Also, crafting communications materials, and also promoting new opportunities on a regular basis.
- Furthermore, undertaking other key tasks and administration related to young people and GLF as they arise.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be eligible in Youth in Landscapes Network Internship in Germany
- Currently enrolled in, or recently obtained, an M.Sc. on Sustainable Development, Nature Conservation, or similar field.
- Experienced and/or comfortable with remote work as well as strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with online engagement, youth organizations, capacity development, or event-management is an asset.
- Similarly, experience with WordPress and social media is an asset.
Terms and Conditions
- This is an internship opportunity for 6 months.
- CIFOR’s employment conditions follow local labor laws and regulations. In addition to that, they will employ suitable candidates regardless of nationality, provided that they comply with the local requirements for working at the posting location. Moreover, the citizens of EU countries are desirable for this role.
- CIFOR may provide the Intern with a monthly stipend or living allowance. However, the stipend or living allowance to the Intern shall follow the rate used by the Human Resources Unit for Interns at CIFOR.
- The duty station will be in Bonn, Germany.
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) non-profit scientific research organization that conducts research on the use and management of forests with a focus on tropical forests in developing countries.