UN calls application for Management and Program Analysis Internship in Bangkok, Thiland. This internship is in the Business Transformation & Change Management Unit, Division of Administration for a period of two months with an opportunity for extension up to six months, if required by the division. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the division or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties of the interns may include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in drafting and preparing documents/presentations
- Attending and summarizing meetings
- Document, legal and internet research
- Assistance during conferences/training sessions
- Working on dashboards (Qlik/Power BI) and performance metrics
- Compiling statistics and reports
- Supporting ongoing projects
The United Nations Core Competencies include:
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written as well as oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national as well as cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; however, is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability as well as limitation of technology to the work of the office; further, actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is desirable for the internship. Further, Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Likewise, be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Further, have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- For this internship position, degree or study in the field of data analytics or relevant fields is preferable.
- However, applicants do not require to have professional work experience for participation in the programme;
How To Apply
Candidates may apply for the internship position at UN if they meet the eligibility Criteria. Further, they will require to make an online submission to apply for the Economic Affairs Internship at UN. The online submission will require interns to submit their most recent CV along with a covering letter.
To apply for the Internship at UN, applicants will require to submit their application well before deadline. Moreover, UN has set the deadline for Management and Program Analysis Internship as 22 May 2019.