National Geographic is looking for exceptional undergraduate students for Summer Media Internship. A further collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. It creates content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, National Geographic is many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Hence it is calling to undergraduate students to be a part of its big picture by providing them Media Summer Internship
- Find, report, and write articles about science, animals, and the environment for the National Geographic website, following journalism best practices. Further, work with in-house editors to learn how to shape stories and refine copy for publication.
- Moreover, Produce stories in a content management system. also, work with picture editors, video producers, and graphics editors to secure visuals, write captions, and layout pages.
- Likewise, workshop headlines and deks in consult with newsroom staff and audience development managers. Further, learn how to participate in story promotion on social and partner platforms to optimize reach.
- Also, attend planning and pitch meetings; track and analyze story analytics; assist with newsletter creation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including familiarity with journalism basics and ethics
- Likewise, Background in scientific research leading to the ability to read scientific studies and interpret their conclusions
- Further, Ability to handle and prioritize simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment
- Also, Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Slack, and social media platforms
To participate in the Internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university, and be sophomore status or above
- Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company
- All interns must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
How To Apply
Undergraduate students looking forward to National Geographic Media Summer Internship program may apply online.