The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) calls application for the paid Communication Internship in Paris, France.
ACTED, formerly ‘Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development’, is a French humanitarian NGO established in 1993. It is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization committed to supporting vulnerable populations around the world. ACTED’s teams work in 36 countries, responding to emergency situations, whilst also supporting rehabilitation and development. ACTED implements more than 450 projects a year reaching 8 million people, with a c. €200 million budget and more than 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff. It is the second-largest French NGO after Médecins Sans Frontières. ACTED has its head office in Paris and network offices in London and Washington, D.C.
The communication intern will deal with the information/communication pole, within a young and dynamic team. In addition to that, the intern will work with the press/advocacy and development/fundraising centers, with the other departments at headquarters, and with the project development teams in the 37 countries of intervention.
- Content writing to feed the communication media of ACTED (website, newsletters, social networks, publications).
- Editing, translation and online publication of communication articles from 37 countries of intervention.
- Participation in the design, production, and distribution of the bi-monthly ACTED newsletter.
- Participation in the management of web distribution channels (animation of the website and social networks – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Design, production, and distribution of mini public or targeted communication campaigns.
- Monitoring of institutional communication (contractual communication operations vis-à-vis donors to the NGO and visibility and promotion of the NGO ACTED in France and worldwide).
- Support to country teams in the implementation of their print and web communication activities.
- Background in the School of Communication, IEP or School of Journalism
- Prior experience in external communication is desirable. Similarly, experience working in an international context is a plus
- Strong English writing skills as well as a strong interest in emergency aid and development programs, and in advocacy and communication issues.
- Excellent writing skills. Previous writing experiences (press, communication service, etc.) on mass media and also the taste for writing.
- Synthesis, multitasking, priority management, and rigor skills
- Autonomy, reactivity.
- Power of proposal, creative and dynamic.
- Knowledge and mastery of multimedia tools and media related to communication, external relations or marketing.
- Ease and sensitivity to web 2.0 tools (blog, Facebook, Twitter platforms) as well as essential computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Furthermore, DTP skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign), video editing and web CMS desirable.
This Communication Internship at ACTED in Paris is a paid position. The intern will receive the
- Monthly compensation of € 600.60.
- Restaurant coupon.
- 50% support for transport tickets.
Click here to apply