Apply for the 2022 CRG Summer Internship Program in Barcelona – Spain. The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is calling for applications for its 10th Summer Internship Program in Barcelona, Spain. The main aim of the program is to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to conduct summer research at the CRG. CRG encourage students, who are engaged in an eligible Undergraduate program, from any nationality, in the pursuit of a scientific career and to introduce them to an international laboratory experience.
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, created in December 2000. It is a non-profit foundation funded by the Catalan Government through the Departments of Business & Knowledge, the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation & Universities, the “la Caixa” Banking Foundation, and includes the participation of Pompeu Fabra University.
Your internship training will consist of 320 working hours with a work load of 40 hours a week, distributed over 2 months from July 2022. Interns are expected at CRG by as early as the week of the 18th July 2022 to participate in some specific activities organized. This is an intensive program and therefore requires full-time commitment from the participant who are required to participate in all scheduled activities.
Benefits from CRG Summer Internships
Selected student fellows will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive a monthly stipend worth 600€ for the 2 months of the internship.
- Interns who are not from Barcelona will receive a 1 return ticket to the their places of residence in form of a European ticket up to of 300€ / Overseas up to 800€.
- You will be eligible for Meal vouchers for lunch during working days for the 2 months of the summer school.
- Fellows will also be eligible for public transportation tickets within the Main city district
- Student interns must provide their own health and accident insurance in case it is not provided by the University
Eligibility Required for CRG Summer Internships
- Applicants of all nationalities are welcome to apply for the CRG summer program
- If you are an Undergraduate with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biosciences and biomedical research
- Applicants must be in their final two years of studies in the Life Sciences or related subjects which may include Bioinformatics, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacology or Chemistry
- You will have completed 2 full years (4 semesters) of college course work by the commencement of the internship.
- Applicants must not have received an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2021).
- You must not have previously participated in a CRG Summer Internship.
- Candidates must demonstrate a high proficiency level of English.
- You must be available to do a student placement/internship agreement through your University.
Applications of CRG Summer Internships
Applicants for the CRG Summer Internship Program should submit their applications exclusively online through the program online application system. Please remember that application is in English. Your application will entail the following information:
- You must correctly and fully complete your registration/ application form .
- Along with the registration form, you must submit your most recent academic transcript. Which should include the title of the courses you have completed thus far and the grades you received.
- Applicants must also submit a description of their interest for life sciences research. What you hope to gain through your participation in the CRG Summer Internship Program. Your vision of what the summer internship will benefit you on a personal and academic level. And, the reasons behind your choice.
- You will have to introduce details of at least one referee. Then the online system will send an email to the referee with the steps to follow to be able to upload the reference letter to your application form.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.