General Electric calls application for Project Controlling Internship at GE Gas Power Department. The aim of the internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to gain real-life Finance work experience through a six-month rotational program in different finance functions at GE Power Services. The selected candidate will have the chance to work in an international environment; support different financial functions to identify which area suits them best while managing key projects and challenges.
Candidates undertaking this Project Controlling Internship at General Electric in Hungary will perform the following tasks
- Controllership: account reconciliation, balance sheet analysis to highlight risks for management, quarterly closing to make sure financials give the right information to stakeholders, change
- Management activities: such as business re-organization, LE changes, various IT projects (ERP development), and external & internal audits.
- Financial planning and reporting activities, which include working closely with operational leaders and other finance teams to create a plan for headcount, functional cost, FX exposure, inventory-related items (such as logistics cost) and analyzing the results to make sure that Supply Chain organization is meeting its commitments.
- Inventory related analytics, such as inventory valuation including FIFO and ICP Obsolescence calculation, inventory modification and scrap process ownership, inventory surplus/deficit review and support internal/external audits.
- Standard costing / Sourcing related financial support and analytics, driving projects which are targeting a more transparent P&L reporting structure and create consistency across the different units.
- OTR (orders to revenue) and inventory activities, such as sales order closeout due to WIP/CTC review, unbilled shipment review, and credit invoice authorization.
- THE finance IT team’s responsibility is the ERP Finance support of Alpha ERP. This includes system support, report, and data quality management by maintaining ERP setups, support Operations when ERP needs to be tweaked to accommodate the delivery, financial support in Alpha related projects with ERP design, development and setup activities.
- Lean – six sigma related activities: scoping, DMAIC phases (Define – Measure – Analyze – Improve – Control), visioning, CTQ (Critical to Quality) metrics definition, as-is process mapping, waste type identification and problem-solving to deliver simple/complex project initiatives, testing, training delivery. Practicing soft skills: presentations, decision making support, influencing and coordination.
Applicants for Project Controlling Internship at General Electric in Hungary must have the following qualifications
- Ongoing studies (Finance/Accounting specialization preferred).
- Active student status (preferably for one more year).
- 30-40 hours per week of working availability.
- Fluency in English (additional Hungarian knowledge preferred).
- Strong user level MS office skills.
- Flexibility and ability to learn and adapt.
- Analytical thinking
- Team player, communicates well
Project Controlling Internship at General Electric in Hungary offers the following benefits
- Flexible time-schedule as well as flexible location (Budapest, Home office)
- 6 months rotations in different finance areas, groups
- Leadership presence/exposure (CFO staff pitch out after rotation)
- Work with and learn from subject matter experts
- Wing to wing ownership on projects
- Opportunity to convert most talented interns to full time employees
- Thesis writing support
- Furthermore, the successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary.)
General Electric Company (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate company. As of 2018, the company operates through the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing, venture capital and finance, and lighting.