Within the delegated authority, the Reviser-Verbatim Reporter will be responsible for the following duties:
– Revises in extend so verbatim records of meetings.
– Ensures consistency and checks for uniformity and continuity of records.
– Provides Verbatim Reporters with advice and guidance.
– Consults relevant reference sources and carries out additional research as required.
– Ensures conformity of the revised record with the original and/or other language versions and with the United Nations established practice.
– Reports to Chief of Section on the quality of the work of verbatim reporters.
– Performs the duties of a Verbatim Reporter, as required.
– May serve as officer-in-charge of the Section in the absence of the Chief.
– Performs other related duties as required.
you also might be interested: 2024 Programme Management Officer, Human Settlements UN
Education : Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a university or equivalent institution and must have successfully completed the United Nations Language Competitive Examination for Translators/Précis-writers, Editors, Verbatim Reporters, or Copy Preparers/Proofreaders/Production Editors in Spanish, or equivalent relevant United Nations language competitive exams in Spanish administered before 2017.
Work Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in verbatim reporting is required.
Languages: Fluency in Spanish, which must be the candidate’s main language, and an excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is required.
NOTE: “Fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and “Knowledge of” equals a rating of “confident” in two of the four areas.
Assessment: Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Deadline : The application deadline is set for 16 November, 2023
For more information visit, United Nations
|Type of Opportunity||Internships|
|Field||Department for General Assembly and Conference Management|
|Contact the organizer||https://www.un.org/en/|