The NeuroMusculoskeletal Institute (NMI) at the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM) is accepting data collection specialist internship applications. Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. Moreover, Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes.
What will the Data Collection Specialist do at Rowan University?
The NMI at Rowan SOM is seeking an exceptionally talented intern who will support a wide range of research initiatives across various focus areas within the Research Department.
- Facilitates the development, modification, and adherence to a system-wide clinical reporting strategy – This includes developing report requests, approval and prioritization processes; monitoring report creation queues.
- Experience conducting statistical analysis of content as well as web, demographic, and behavioral datasets in support of strategic initiatives;
- Likewise, develops reporting solutions and/or ad hoc data analysis to support the needs of clinical decision makers across the system.
- Researches analyze and understand clinical flow in order to facilitate clinical report writing and support of other clinical report writers.
- Further, direct experience with electronic medical records is preferred.
- Two years of experience in clinical analysis and/or clinical report creation preferred.
- Strong detail oriented organizational skills, demonstrates interpersonal skills working in a service oriented environment.
- Design as well as present recommendations to guide future research directions
Qualifications for a Data Collection Internship at Rowan University
- Bachelor’s degree or degree candidate required in health or life sciences related discipline, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field. D.O. candidates at RowanSOM with an interest in healthcare analytics are also encouraged to apply.
- Moreover, two to five years of experience in information systems with preference given to candidates from a patient care environment and/or addiction medicine environment.
- Likewise, effective oral and written communications skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving and capable of functioning in a team environment are a must.
- Experience can be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
How to apply for an Internship at Rowan University?
Applicants can apply for the Data Collection Specialist Internship at Rowan University via the online portal. Moreover, the candidates will also require to submit appropriate documentation including:
- A Resume/Vita
- A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
Rowan University will accept the application for the Data Collection Specialist Internship until 11 July 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are invalid for the internship program.