The Public Policy & Advocacy (PPA) department at Save the Children is looking for an accomplished student for Internship position as a Global Gender Policy & Advocacy intern. This individual will support the global gender policy and advocacy work of the Public Policy and Advocacy Department in Washington, D.C. by tracking, analyzing, and contributing to advocacy activities related to the U.S. Congress, the State Department, USAID, and the United Nations in relation to global gender equality and women’s and girls’ empowerment.
What will the Gender Policy & Advocacy Intern do at Save the Children?
Among the major responsibilities, Gender Policy & Advocacy Intern at Save the Children will:
- Contribute to information gathering, research, and analysis in relation to global policy processes and advocacy opportunities.
- Likewise, assist in conducting research on priorities and demonstrated interests of key decision-makers. This includes Members of Congress, USAID focal points, and US government officials.
- Research and write content for background briefs, talking points, fact sheets, policy briefs, as well as communications materials. This includes social media content, in furtherance of Save the Children’s gender policy and advocacy objectives.
- Assist in preparations and execution of strategic events, including internal and external facing workshops and meetings, as related to Save the Children’s gender policy and advocacy efforts
- Attend both internal and external meetings and events and assist in note-taking and follow up of action points
- Contribute to Save the Children’s thought leadership on global gender policy as well as advocacy through strategic research efforts and policy analysis on specific policy questions as needed
Qualification for Gender Policy & Advocacy Internship
- Must be an actively enrolled undergraduate student or have graduated within 6 months of the start date
- Similarly, should have demonstrated interest, experience, and/or academic training and gender equality and women’s and girls’ empowerment
- Interest and experience in international development, gender policy, US foreign policy, as well as a strategic advocacy
- Knowledge and understanding of key issues and current trends in US foreign policy, international development, and global gender equality efforts
- Strong research, writing, and analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize and report on large amounts of information quickly and accurately
- Further, the intern must be a quick learner, able to multi-task and switch gears easily, and able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, creativity, flexibility, and self-motivation; Also, able to work both independently and part of a team
- Likewise, the intern must have experience in internal and external communications, including targeted social media in a professional setting
- Experience in organizing and executing events, including logistics and promotion
- Substantive knowledge and experience in gender-responsive budgeting and financing for gender equality, gender in humanitarian settings, and/or child marriage are a plus.
- Possess strong written skills, solid interpersonal skills as well as ability to work within a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Currently eligible to work in the U.S.
Why Internship at Save the Children?
- Structured learning and development program
- Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Networking program with managers across the organization
- Flexible schedule
- A family-friendly work environment
- Also, the knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world
How to apply for Save the Children Internship?
Prospective Interns may apply for Save the Children Internship by completing and submitting the online application form. Further, interns will require to provide necessary documents which include a CV; cover letter, letter of recommendation as well as proof of enrollment at university.