Uber calls for Summer 2021 Tax Internship in San Francisco, California, United States of America. As a Global Tax intern, you’ll gain first-hand experience with a world-class tax team and deliver high-priority strategic projects. You will help support decision making through your critical thinking, strategic mentality, and data-oriented approach.
This role requires strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent planning and prioritization habits, and the ability to articulate and present information for partners at all levels of the business. During this unique tax internship program, you’ll be exposed to all aspects of corporate tax from strategy to compliance to technology.
Candidates undertaking this Summer 2021 Tax Internship at Uber will have the following roles
- Research: Assist with tax research of Uber’s products and services in various jurisdictions, analyze information from various sources and compose technical memorandums as assigned.
- Monitor and analyze relevant tax technical updates, existing and proposed tax legislation and tax reporting updates.
- Analyze large sets of data; identify trends and abnormalities. Participate in requirements gathering and the development of solutions to mitigate any identified gaps.
- Execute: Assist with timely monthly information reporting and compliance filings, including but not limited to, sales and use tax returns, business licenses, 1099 forms and tax notices.
- Prepare workpapers for federal and state income tax reporting and support on income tax accounting issues.
- Innovate: Design streamlined, user-friendly tax processes that enable our partners to spend less time consolidating data across systems without sacrificing functionality or compliance.
- This is achieved by using a combination of functional/operational knowledge, analytical thinking and a passion for making a difference.
- Operational Excellence: Identify operational and structural weaknesses. Help to develop new processes or improve existing ones to keep operations as efficient as possible. Support automation initiatives as it relates to key processes. Identify areas where we are not meeting tax or regulatory standards.
- Partner: Support inquiries from Uber’s partners as they relate to tax information reporting and guide cross-functional teams to resolution. Work with Customer Engagement, Account Management, Sales, Communications, and Support teams on regular communications and drive campaigns with our partners to update accurate tax information.
Applications for the Summer 2021 Tax Internship at Uber must have the following qualifications
- Actively pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Finance, Accounting, Tax, Economics, Computer Science, or a related field with at least one remaining semester of school left after completion of the internship.
- Professional proficiency in English as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, passionate, dedicated, ‘can-do’ attitude and a positive outlook.
- Critical thinker ready to tackle problems within various areas of the operations and finance organizations.
- Comfortable diving deep into technical problems and working through solutions with subject matter specialists.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
Uber Technologies, Inc., commonly known as Uber, is an American multinational ride-hailing company offering services that include peer-to-peer ridesharing, ride service hailing, food delivery (Uber Eats), as well as a micro-mobility system with electric bikes and scooters. The company is based in San Francisco and has operations in over 785 metropolitan areas worldwide. Moreover, its platforms are assessable via their websites and mobile apps.