The World bank Driver Internship at Sofia, Bulgaria
The Incumbent’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Drive the Country Office staff and visiting missions to/from official functions ensuring safety of passengers while in transit. Ensure that the steps required by the World Bank regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Deliver and collect mail, documents, and other items, as required.
- Be responsible for the proper daily maintenance of the assigned vehicle, perform minor repairs and arrange regular maintenance service, ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Maintain logbook for the assigned vehicle by recording mileage, trips, purchases of gasoline/oil and promptly reporting to the supervisor any problems or defects noticed in operating the assigned vehicle.
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.
You might find it worthwhile to investigate, Information Management Consultant Internship at USA
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years driving experience. Experience with an international organization is an added advantage.
- Age: at least 25 years of age.
- License: must have a clean type B or C driving license. Excellent navigational skills.
- Safety: prior to hiring or assignment, demonstrate a history of safe vehicle operation by providing private or public driving records indicating no at-fault road traffic crashes within the past three years or, in the absence of such documentation, professional references.
- Medical clearance: receive clearance pursuant to WBG Procedure “Drivers’ Medical Clearance”.
- Language Requirements: English and Bulgarian.
- First aid certificate would be an asset.
- Excellent driving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of country driving rules and regulations.
- Good communication skills, commitment to teamwork and respect for others.
- Proactive and flexible problem-solver.
- General working knowledge in email correspondence and web-based applications, including navigation tools.
- Recognize situations that require urgent attention and take appropriate action.
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs.