Applications are now open for the UN Internships for Environmental Affairs in Thailand 2020. The UN ESCAP in Thailand invites interns for Environmental Affairs in Thailand for the Environment and Development Division, Environment and Development Policy Section. The internship will be full-time (37.5) hours in a week and will be unpaid. Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the division or office necessary.
Responsibilities of UN Intern for Environmental Affairs in Thailand
To support the implementation of EDD’s natural resources management portfolio through:
- Undertake research, analysis data and provide overall support for the development of analytical and methodological knowledge products, publications and official documents related to natural resource management.
- Support the implementation of projects on natural resource management in Asia and the Pacific.
- Also, provide support for the coordination of networks and initiatives related to natural resource management in the region. Similarly, provide support to the organization of intergovernmental and technical meetings as well as support for knowledge management, outreach, and communication.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as required.
Eligibility and Requirements
The ideal candidate for UN Internships for Environmental Affairs in Thailand 2020 will have the following requirements
- To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a) be in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
b) be in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
c) have a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Shall be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Likewise, must have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Similarly, must have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship.
- Similarly, knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset.
- Also, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
How to apply for UN Internships for Environmental Affairs in Thailand 2020?
All applicants apply online through the official website. Also, they need to fill and submit the online application form along with a CV/Resume and a cover letter.