UNDP (United Nations Development Program) calls application for UNCDF Digital Finance Internships 2019-2020. UNCDF manages several initiatives related to digital financial services (DFS) to address the opportunities and challenges of implementing DFS in the developing world, with a focus on the Least Developed Countries in Africa and Asia and the Pacific regions.
UNCDF is looking for qualified interns all-year-around to support its different activities related to the following functional areas:
- Data Analytics
- Research and Writing in areas related to SDGs and Digital Economy
- Knowledge Management and Communication that includes social media engagement
- Blogging and Developing content related to work of UNCDF
- Engaging on developing infographics, production of video blogs, pictures repository, etc.
- New technology trends like AI, IOT, VR and how could it be deployed in context of digital finance especially for low and moderate-income
- New business models that would allow for achieving the SDG goals through digital and finance.
- Start-up engagement through the UNCDF accelerator and incubation program delivered through a financial innovation lab
- Impact investment
Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates undertaking UNCDF Digital Finance Internships will be doing the following duties
- Support in researching and developing summaries on key issues like food security and climate change, gig economy workers, health, diital stack, education, jobs and skills, other related topics under SDGs and where Digital and Finance could play a key role.
- Develop brief summaries as well as help to develop information sheets that summarize key research finding on specific technologies and /or their applications to development issues.
- These technologies will include those core to digital finance (mobile, payments, fintech) and those which support them (big data, artificial intelligence, internet of things, distributed ledger).
- Identify and review research, publications and news related to how the digitization of finance is being applied to achieve the SDGs.
- Work on areas related to impact investment, research and assist with developing reports that contribute to different agendas of UNCDF.
- Data Analytics includes working with the team on bigdata engagement, analyzing trends, assist the team with documenting the same.
- Communication support that includes social media engagement; through UNCDF community of practice platform and engaging with the members on the topic related to digital economy.
- Engage in developing infographics, production of video blogs, pictures repository, etc.
- With UNCDF staff, participate in calls with industry leaders to take notes which will help provide up to date perspectives on the current applications of digital finance to the SDGs are progressing, the key barriers and risks, as well as the opportunities going forward.
- Be assigned to assist identified leaders to conduct and conclude their own research.
- To the extent convenient and possible, help prepare for participation in; and help document virtual or in-person convenings on the topic working with the assigned UNCDF leader.
- Assist in other organizational efforts related to the outreach to stakeholders.
- Other tasks as requested.
Applicants to the UNCDF Digital Finance Internships 2019-2020 program must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in the field of Finance/Economics/Business Administration/Development studies and similar discipline from reputed Institution desired.
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Demonstrated interest in topics related to socioeconomic development.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and administrative skills.
- Able to take initiative and work independently.
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks.
- Excellent computer capabilities (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Data programs).
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Fluency in Hindi or Mandarin Chinese or other languages in the Asian region will be considered a distinct advantage.