This is a general call for UNCDF General Internship Call for 2020. UNCDF accepts applications all-year-round from interested and qualified applicants, on an ongoing basis for Internship opportunities with the Partnerships Policy and Communications Team at our New York Headquarters.
The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development. UNCDF General Internship Call for 2020 – Internship Opportunities with Partnerships, Policy and Communications Team (UNCDF)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance & supervision of the Head of Partnerships, Policy and Communications PPC Unit, and in close collaboration with other colleagues in the PPC Unit, the intern will assist in any of the following tasks:
- Write blogs, feature and success stories about results achieved and efforts pursued under UNCDF projects and programmes in the areas of financial inclusion and local development finance, based on relevant inputs from project/programme managers, partners and donors.
- Support the writing, translation, design and production of communication outputs, such as in drafting press releases and publications, and dissemination to UNDP country offices, UNCDF country and regional offices, partners and stakeholders.
- Draft policy and partnership briefs ahead of meetings of the Executive Secretary;
Contribute to drafting of a flagship policy report on blended finance .
- Support the team throughout the preparatory process for the Fifth UN Conference on the LDCs, including conference logistics, drafting policy language, and engaging with LDC and donor missions
- Draft/update country briefs about key donor countries detailing their development policies and foreign policy priorities.
- Participate in the administration of PPC’s various newsletter campaigns.
- Contribute to the creation of content for specific stakeholders, including presentation decks and literature.
- Assist in boosting UNCDF’s presence in online communications and social media; provide assistance as required in the maintenance of the UNCDF online platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube channel, Instagram etc.
- Provide technical support to UNCDF country teams in the development and appropriate use of communication and advocacy tools (i.e. newsletter, websites, posters, brochures, pamphlets) to increase visibility of UNCDF.
- Assist the PPC Unit in organizing events, launches of publications, seminars and conferences, global campaigns.
- Support colleagues across the agency on issues including but not limited to blended finance; impact investing; development finance; or support to Least Developed Countries.
- Support colleagues in undertaking due diligence related to partner engagement.
Candidate must be enrolled in a degree programme in Social Sciences, International Relations, Economic Development, Economics, Finance, Journalism, Political Science, Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing or another related field.
Applicants to the UNCDF UNCDF General Internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Work Experience & Desired Skillset
Candidates most have following skills for this UNCDF General Internship
- Experience in online content development is desirable. Also, an experience writing analytical pieces on foreign policy, development issues, development finance is desirable.
- Experience in communications and social media outreach.
- Prior experience with the multilateral system is desirable.
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment and be aware of political sensitivities.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and graphic design and photo editing software applications (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Knowledge on designing for print and digital media is highly desirable.
- Proficient in using new technologies, web-based platforms and social media networks; familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite and other design platforms is a plus.
- Proficient or prior experience in Powerpoint and/or Keynote would be preferable.
- Self-starter; organized; able to multitask, balance multiple responsibilities, and work to the deadline.