UNDP Administrative and Finance Intern Associate at Maiduguri, Nigeria
The position of Administrative and Finance Intern Associate GS6 located in the OCHA Maiduguri Office and reports to the Administration and Finance Analyst (NOA).
Duties and Responsibilities Administrative and Finance Intern Associate
Under the direct supervision of the Administration and Finance Analyst (NOA), the Administrative and Finance Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
Supports the implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of activities with UN/UNDP/OCHA rules, regulations, policies, and strategies.
- Provides inputs to OCHA’s business processes mapping and internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provides inputs to the workplan.
Supports the functioning of the OCHA office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist with the coordination of admin and HR arrangements.
- Performing Travel Administrator, Requisitioner role in OCHA UMOJA ERP system for preparation of POs, travel and other administrative functions. In addition, prepare payments, service entry sheets, good receipts related to approved POs into Umoja.
- Provides routine Administrative & logistical support to the all units/staff on all matters related to general office administration, transport, protocol/visas applications, duty free privileges & custom clearances for office goods and for staff personal effects
- Support the up-to-date accounting system/records to ensure timely, accurate and reliable monthly financial reporting.
- Monitor expenditure levels under the approved Cost Plan/Quarterly Financial Authorizations and prepare monthly reconciliations with UNDP charges for all payments/expenditures.
- Proper planning and tracking of common services budget and of Agencies contributions to the common services account
Provides effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Manage petty cash, maintaining accurate and complete records and receipts and ensuring that replenishment is done in a timely manner. In collaboration with the Country Office submit expenditure report for replenishment.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities, on space and other administrative matters
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the OCHA office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on UN rules and regulations and related procedures.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Related suggestions are, UNDP Common Services Intern Manager at Denmark
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required.
- A University degree in Business or Public Administration is desirable
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in in business, public administration, logistics, programme support service or other related area is required.
- Experience on Administration/Operations is required
- Experience working with the UN or other international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in using UN ERP system (Umoja) in the area of travel and procurement is desirable.
- Experience in computer skills (Windows, MS Word, Excel/Spread sheets, the internet/Web) is required.
- Fluency in witten and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of at least the local language is desirable