UNDP Electrician Associate Internship in Timor-Leste
The Electrician Associate Internship will be working closely with the PV Technician for the installation of solar panel light and solar power system plant at the sites.
Duties and Responsibilities Electrician Associate Internship
Within the project team and activities, the Electrician Associate will have the roles and responsibilities:
1.Planning and Implementation of solar panel light and solar power system installation activities
- Together with the PV Technician develop a Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) for the installation electrical components or systems for Solar Panel light and Solar Power System plant.
- Conduct site assessment for feasibility studies and development of technical specification with consideration to climate and environment conditions.
- Conduct investigation of any installation’s technical or equipment failures and ensure to register and track for record, monitoring.
- Develop tracking list for record keeping and management of activities progress, incidents, quality check, follow-up, etc.
- Together with the PV Technician review and verify that Contractor installation plan, layout or diagram are in compliance with environmental, structural and site acceptable standards, codes or procedures.
- Together with the PV Technician identify all the required code or ID or name for electrical components; and ensure each one is labeled or tagged accordingly, including hazard code or label.
2.Monitoring, verification and reporting on project activities
- Prepare technical report for technical investigation or incident report, including RCA and other related documents
- Regular site monitoring for updates and progress of activities, including any project related issues arise during or within the activities
- Regular verification of any project activities discrepancy, including technical specifications, methodologies, procedures, equipment calibration, etc.
- Regular reporting on quantities of works prepared and conducted by contractor or consultant, findings, progress status, quality of works, health and safety, pending issues or activities, etc.
- Carry out inspection on wiring connection system and electrical installation process; and ensure that they are in compliance with acceptable standards or codes, procedures and ssafety protocols
- Monitor and record system performance, operating parameters and environmental data for evaluation or analysis report.
3.Knowledge sharing and management
- Participate in related technical meeting with management and contractors and contribute to the discussion in performance or lesson learnt for quality or activities performance improvement
- Participate and share lessons learnt for performance improvement with other technical or project team members
- Provide inputs to training materials for locals on electrical equipment operation and maintenance
- The Electrician Associate will be working under the supervision of Technical Team Leader and in a close consultation with National Project Manager, the Head of Climate Change and Environment Unit, and UNDP Country Office Senior Management (Deputy Resident Representative and Resident Representative).
You should take a look at, Associate Operations Intern Officer in USA (World Bank)
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience (with secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) in Electrical Engineering such as installation electrical components for solar power system plant; monitoring of electrical components installation and operation for solar power system plant and in inspection and verification and electrical equipment test for functionality or operational.
- Experience in the procurement process of acquiring electrical components for solar powers system plant is an asset.
- Experience in site works safety practice and safety hazards label or tag is an asset.
- Experience in assessing and evaluating Contractor’s quantities and qualities of works developed at the site is an asset.
- Experience in works verification for any discrepancy or errors and develop tracking system for recording and follow-up is an asset.
- Experience in site works safety practice and Familiarity of solar light, solar power system plan and electrical components is an asset.
- Experience in writing technical reports and plans
- Experience in performing organizational skills to carry out multiple tasks without negotiating safety, quality and team-spirits
- Experience in an effective participation of a team-based collaboration and cooperation
- Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to work at heights or rooftops
- Familiarity of solar light, solar power system plan and electrical components
- Promoting learning and sharing of knowledge management
- Possess Thoroughness and analytical thinking skills
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!